Second Skin Audio

POLYFILL HELP PLEASE!!

Jayd0002

Hi All. This is the first post ive written on this site. Im new. I need some help.

I have a sealed box (individual chambers) for 3 - 12" Lanzar Opti1232D Subs. It has 3.3 CuFt of airspace empty.

The subs call for .8 CuFt of airspace each- so that's 2.4 CuFt required. SO- technically my box is .9 CuFt too big. My question is, should, or can I use POLYFILL??? I have also heard it will lower the tuned frequency of the box a little, which id like to do. If this was your box, what would you do???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank You!!

first off,

how much power,

are all 3 boxes joined together

can you fit a bigger box,

if you have all 3 boxes joined together, and they run off 1 amp, cut holes between the boxes to make the box 1,

and yes use fill, 1:1 rato, i want them in at least 1cuft net each

AMP Hifonics BRX2400.1D so- Subs running at 1.3 OHMS about 2100 watts RMS

Its one big box with individual chambers for each sub. I cant fit anything bigger. Its in the trunk of an Acura TL. Why would I want to go bigger? The box is supposedly too big to begin with.

The Website for Lanzar says that the subs should only be in .8 CuFt of airspace EACH

They already are in 1 CuFt air each. The box is 3.3 CuFt

AMP Hifonics BRX2400.1D so- Subs running at 1.3 OHMS about 2100 watts RMS

Its one big box with individual chambers for each sub. I cant fit anything bigger. Its in the trunk of an Acura TL. Why would I want to go bigger? The box is supposedly too big to begin with.

The Website for Lanzar says that the subs should only be in .8 CuFt of airspace EACH

Hes probably seeing if you have room for a ported box, youll get more out of subs more than likely with a properly designed ported box.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

You're fine with that box. It will do the job well I'm sure. 1 lb of stuffing per chamber. I usually build my sealed boxes +10% over manufacturer suggested. They usually have a better low end response.

Just an FYI, stuffing with Polyfill gives the sub the illusion that it's in a bigger enclosure.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Shouldn't this post be in enclosures.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

sorry SBG. This is the first time ive posted on this. I dont even know how to use this yet. Dont even know how to find the enclosure forum. I hope I have not ruined any one elses day by posting this help question in the wrong spot. I will be more careful next time.

Archived