Sundown Audio

2 SA 15's or 1 Sundown X 18?

Yeah doesn't hurt to try.. Now what I'm wondering about adding the 2nd battery is, I've seen some people say that adding a 2nd battery is bad if It's not the same exact battery as up front, is this true or will it be fine to throw a different battery back there..

Edited by GassenD

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

Would the Hifonics BRZ1700.1D be a little better than the RF? @ $30 cheaper, or would it still pull to much on the 130Amp Alt/Big3/XS D1200?

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

q1-3500,

2 hdc315 d4

shac 2/0 and 2/0 big 3

is $1500

run the 3500@ 4ohm till you get some batts and alt down the line

then drop it to 1ohm and you'll have more then enough

side note, on a 130a alt

if you put 2 batts in rear with a dash mount voltage gauge and watch the volts, you can run 1ohm with low tune like > -3

q1-3500,

2 hdc315 d4

shac 2/0 and 2/0 big 3

is $1500

run the 3500@ 4ohm till you get some batts and alt down the line

then drop it to 1ohm and you'll have more then enough

side note, on a 130a alt

if you put 2 batts in rear with a dash mount voltage gauge and watch the volts, you can run 1ohm with low tune like > -3

Do you think i'd be fine with the Brutus 2000.1D, with my 130A Alt, Big3 in 1/0 and all new 1/0 to the back, with a new Kinetik HC1800 under the hood and in the back?

I'm really leaning towards Sundown over anything, I looked into the HDC 3.0's awhile back, but just prefer Sundown..

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

I'd definitely consider the X 18. My roommate just got one and it's been VERY impressive. It's on an Exile 2400.1 at 2 ohms getting 1600 rms and bumps awesome. Being in the trunk of a Crown Vic (those cars are known for having poor acoustics for subs. Gas tank blocks off the most of the trunk) it doesn't hurt your ears but really shakes the whole car. Plus one 18 gets more wows out of people than 2 15's, which is always fun lol

How do you guys think the z v.3 18" stand up against the sa 15s and x18

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

From what I've heard (only have personal experience with the X and Zv4, never a SA or Zv3), the Zv3 is still a very capable sub. The web page states that the X and Zv4 has a different kind of spider that reduces distortion at higher frequency, and I definitely notice and like the sound. Some people prefer the more traditional sub sound and they would be better off with the Zv3 as it is more "normal" sounding. You said in the OP you're after a lot of low-end output and I think the X is better suited to that. If you were building a box tuned to maybe 45hz or something like that I would think the Zv3 is better. But like I said, I have no personal experience with that sub, just a lot of reading and used the X and Zv4, so take my interpretation with that in mind.