Sundown Audio

I have tried searching the forum for reviews and there is a mixed bag for feedback. Most reviews say the component set is decent. The midbass drivers perform really well but the tweeter is mediocre. I mentioned in another post that I am going to get the SAX125.4 with a couple of 8's on the rear. Am i going to get a good sound environment running the 6.5CS on the front stage? Or would i be better off spending an extra 100-150.00 on something like a tempo 6 or unity 6.5 or ID 6.5?

Another option i was presented was getting the Neopro 6.5's and buying a tweeter/XO separate. Anyone try this approach?

Murdoc

Murdoc

06 civic sedan

alpine cde-hd149bt

sundown sax 150.4

sundown 6.5cs

sundown sd-2 8v2 (pair in a sealed box)

The main theme of my post was the tweeters but how does the mid bass compare between the neo's and the component drivers? Would i get more mid out of the neo's? I was talking to a guy that is running the HAT tweeters with the Neo 6.5's and says the combo rocks. The only issue is trying to find a set of tweeters with passive xo'ers.

Murdoc

06 civic sedan

alpine cde-hd149bt

sundown sax 150.4

sundown 6.5cs

Fair enough. Thanks for the feedback. I am just trying to get my head around it.

Murdoc

06 civic sedan

alpine cde-hd149bt

sundown sax 150.4

sundown 6.5cs

I have 3 sundown comp sets and they sound great. On an sax 200.4

Here's a quick distance video I made.

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

the midbass of the compnent set is awesome. but you can really compare the 2. the neo is pro audio. like i said they both have there place

So your about to have 3 set of componets now?

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I am convinced many people judge the tweeter by it's appearance; I am very picky about my tweeters and I think it's a great tweeter (not just good) -- easily one of my favorites on a set under $300 or so. I would run them in my own car any day.

Objectively it has a very flat response curve -- unless someone doesn't like a flat response and prefers a sharp sound they would most likely enjoy it.

Tweeter_Off_Axis.jpg

Response is excellent on-axis and 30 / 60 degrees off-axis.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

It does say alot for you (the owner) to be passionate about your product and provide feedback.

Judging is actually the one thing I can't do. I am not able to hear them so I am relying completely on people that have/had them installed. The closest dealer, Seductive Sounds, is 4 hrs away. Stephen has been great and provided tons of info and I realize there are so many factors that have an impact on the sound (ie amplifier, car interior, music genre etc) that it's impossible to make a decision based solely on opinions. I guess I just have to make a decision and go with it.

Murdoc

06 civic sedan

alpine cde-hd149bt

sundown sax 150.4

sundown 6.5cs

the midbass of the compnent set is awesome. but you can really compare the 2. the neo is pro audio. like i said they both have there place

So your about to have 3 set of componets now?

no i had a few sets in the wifes car but we sold that car with everything in it. i also sold my second pair when times got a little tough, so i need to get a second set (again) for my truck.