Mids won't fit

bmxkid92

Probably not the first to ask but I need help. I have a 1999 Honda accord lx 4 door. i have some old pioneer which I'm guessing came in the car originally that I want to replace. I bought some Rockford Fosgate R1 6.5s to go in but the basket itself won't allow the speaker to mount. Any guesses on what brand I could use to go in the stock location without modifying other than cutting the back out for the magnet depth. I've never done custom doors before but if thats what needs to be done then let me know. Any suggestions and tips would be great. I have to obsidian audio 10s coming my way and would like to step my mids and highs up.

its not just the magnet being bigger than stock though. the basket itself is wider than what the hole allows. making a ring would fix than as well? and what would you guys use to flush mount a pair of their tweeters. well secure them. make a mount to go behind where I want them and screw it to that? trying to keep my car sounding equal with highs, mids, and sub stage

Buy 1/4", 1/2, 3/4" pieces of scrap MFD and make mounting rings. either one should solve your problem by allowing for the oversized basket to mount up and add some magnet clearance. But if it doesn't. a dremel is your best friend.

...............If car audio was easy...everyone would do it and this forum would not be here.....now get out there and fit it!

-Frank

Archived