Mechman Alternators

Mechman screw me up. 2011 toyota sienna mini van problem with 240a s series voltage and amperage

I bough a 240a from mechman and paid $101 for the shipping to Honolulu Hawaii. They send to Fedex ground (the cheapest way Fedex got). Every day after a week of order, I keep tracking at fedex. Then two week went by, the fedex guy send it to the wrong house on my block. I have to ask ever house on my block for it. After 1 hour finally found it, feeling really happy that it is not lost. Next day I remove a lot of parts to get to the alternator (this car really have a lot of tight space 3 hours just to remove the stock alternator and 3 hours putting it back). Before I remove the stock alternator I check and compare with mechman alternator. It look almost the same. After I got the stock out, I compare the two alternator again. Noticing the bottom of the alternator is different. So that was the wrong alternator. I call back to mechman spoke to Brain (really helpful staff), email him the picture my my alternator. He told me to send the alternator back for exchange. I used Fedex 3 day shipping cost for $68. They received the alternator in 3 days. But I received the rite alternator in the next two week because they only ship by ground ( the cheapest shipping Fedex got ). I bought the alternator as new, but the pulley is all stretch. I take it to Orelly auto parts store and test it, the alternator and pulley was ok. Feeling happy for the second round getting the rite alternator, removed the stock and install the mechman alternator ( this time it take me 4 hours ) with the big three upgrade of 1/0 guage wire. Install new belt ( test belt slack is only 1/4 inch) test the front and two rear all yellow top battery read 12.9 volt. After all the sweat, start the engine, voltage meter read only 13.2 volt cold and 13.0 volt hot. Used the clamp amp from sears, 128 amp at idle with all the light and ac on. This show mechman alternator is way more worse than my stock alternator. Stock alternator ( DENSO Built ) give out 13.9 volt at cold and 13.5 at hot even with the PCM controlling. I compare the two alternator, and the only different is the mechman pulley is smaller, the pos (+) post is made of steel and bigger than stock. The stock pos made of copper. Bough alternator have 12 diode, twin internal fan, all copper plate. I can see it from the out spaces looking in. But when I call mechman they said it all different. Now mechnam told me to send it back for a test. All this removing and shipping is getting to be a pain. Waste time and shipping cost. My car battery just die on me last night at the traffic light. Now I have to charge the battery every night when I get home from work. Mechman, you screw me up. If any guy in here who can help, please help me. This is not a good business.

Edited by jimmyhonolulu808

So how did your battery die? What was your resting voltage prior to the install. I get the impression you think you are educated on the subject but from the way you described things and the lack of information im noot sure thats the case. Its also very hard to read.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you cant really blame it on Mechman. i know its frustrating doing all this extra work especially with a series of unfortunate events like that. but it sounds like mechman is doing everything in their power to correct the situation and get you taken care of.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

you cant really blame it on Mechman. i know its frustrating doing all this extra work especially with a series of unfortunate events like that. but it sounds like mechman is doing everything in their power to correct the situation and get you taken care of.

Everything except send him an alternator that lives up to what they claim. As someone in the market for a high amp alternator upgrade for my jeep TJ I am thinking twice.

You don't pay good money for a crap product. And you damn sure don't pay good money for even worse service. Mistakes happen, I get it. But mechman should have taken better care of the guy.

Exchanging the defective product, making the customer pay for the return shipping and then using a 2week cheapest service to get him an alternator that also doesn't work is UNACCEPTABLE.

In the very least they should have had the manager or owner of the company call him, apologize to him man to man and then sent that alternator out on oh say 2 or 3 day express? Not overnight but just a gesture of good faith.

Even if Mechman sent him two defective Alternators, an on the phone apology goes a LONG way for this customer.

I am small business owner. I would NEVER allow a customer to go through something like this without me personally doing EVERYTHING in my power to retain my good name.

Integrity is priceless. You can't buy it in a store. Once you've lost it, you've lost it.

Hey Mechman. You done screwed the pooch bro's. Wonder what the reviews look like for the Mean Green Alternator ..

Edited by RebelSon
  • Like (+1 Rep) 4

I have a mechman alt although I dont run it right now. I had an issue with the alt, talked to Brian and got a RA. Sent it back and was fixed, now sitting in my garage. I am not most intelligent person here by any means but for your first post and bashing a vendor on here and a company that does make good alts and does their best with customers I'm not sure how far thats going to get you. Sometimes shit just happens and we deal with it. Yes it sucks to pay to send items back but it tends to be cheaper than buying a new item. Good luck with this post here. Popcorn ready!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

So.... You are upset because of the charging voltage? Toyotas charge really low

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Everything except send him an alternator that lives up to what they claim. As someone in the market for a high amp alternator upgrade for my jeep TJ I am thinking twice.

You don't pay good money for a crap product. And you damn sure don't pay good money for even worse service. Mistakes happen, I get it. But mechman should have taken better care of the guy.

Exchanging the defective product, making the customer pay for the return shipping and then using a 2week cheapest service to get him an alternator that also doesn't work is UNACCEPTABLE.

In the very least they should have had the manager or owner of the company call him, apologize to him man to man and then sent that alternator out on oh say 2 or 3 day express? Not overnight but just a gesture of good faith.

Even if Mechman sent him two defective Alternators, an on the phone apology goes a LONG way for this customer.

I am small business owner. I would NEVER allow a customer to go through something like this without me personally doing EVERYTHING in my power to retain my good name.

Integrity is priceless. You can't buy it in a store. Once you've lost it, you've lost it.

Hey Mechman. You done screwed the pooch bro's. Wonder what the reviews look like for the Mean Green Alternator ..

1.Do you know what shipping to and from Hawaii costs. Most companies will make you pay return shipping on orders. and return it using standard shipping. and if its really that big of a deal ill reimburse him the $68 he paid for shipping just to keep Mechmans good name (i have no affiliation with mechaman just think they make a quality product and have quality service and i am willing to defend that)

2. while it is unfortunate that he got the wrong one then a defective one. thats just bad luck. you cant really pin the entire reputation of the company on this single instance. look and the 100's of other people who are beyond happy with their mechamn product and the mechman quality of service.

3 We have all received a bad product at one point in our lives. even the best of companies dont catch everything in their Q/C process. it happens thats what they make warranties for.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

1.Do you know what shipping to and from Hawaii costs. Most companies will make you pay return shipping on orders. and return it using standard shipping. and if its really that big of a deal ill reimburse him the $68 he paid for shipping just to keep Mechmans good name (i have no affiliation with mechaman just think they make a quality product and have quality service and i am willing to defend that)

2. while it is unfortunate that he got the wrong one then a defective one. thats just bad luck. you cant really pin the entire reputation of the company on this single instance. look and the 100's of other people who are beyond happy with their mechamn product and the mechman quality of service.

3 We have all received a bad product at one point in our lives. even the best of companies dont catch everything in their Q/C process. it happens thats what they make warranties for.

Business lesson 101 Sincere apologies cost you nothing, cement your reputation and earn you money. lots of money.

As far as "bad shit happening". I can help you avoid this from happening in the first place-

Test your alternator when it is done being built. While testing it, ensure you label it correctly.

If a mistake happens, apologize profusely and make sure your customer is taken care of adequately. You don't have to go overboard but you can NEVER let your name be spoken of like this in such a public forum DIRECTLY to the people you market to.

Business lesson 202- Marketing. It costs a ton of money to get one single customer to buy your product. That same customer, when fully satisfied, will bring you tons of business and they in turn will bring you business. In an industry such as yours, almost completely web based, you can't afford to rebound from this.

That $68 you saved by sticking it this guy is going to cost you 10 fold in the very least to recover from.

I have no sympathy for most failing businesses in this country. Many of you haven't got a clue.

BTW I am member of oh probably 5 different forums -JeepForum.com, WranglerForum, Lightfighter, AR15.com and this one, just off the top of my head.

That $68 you saved was your 1st mistake and your weak ass public "apology" on here was even bigger.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2