Mechman Alternators

Mechman screw me up. 2011 toyota sienna mini van problem with 240a s series voltage and amperage

arent all mechman alternators tested before shipping? the alts always come with a tag of how they did on the bench and the voltage it was charging.. could be a bad ground connection did you solder the terminals or crimped them. if crimped how did you crimped them.. did you sand to bare metal before bolting on the grounds. i would check that before bashing a company. also check for belt slippage

Edited by Miguels

This line kills me

"Look at the 100s of other happy customers. Lets just throw this 1 unhappy customer under the bus because there's 100s of other pleased customers in teh Earthz!"

Excellent customer service there.

thats not what i meant. i just meant that you cant place a company's reputation on the experience of 1 individual. he shoud definitly get treated the same as all those other 100's of customers. and you can read in the OP that they are trying to correct the situation. sucks that hes unhappy but at least they are trying to resolve their mistake. i just dont think its fair to say this is a shitty company because this one guy had a bad experience.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

I think before anyone crucifies mechman we should hear the other side of the story. I will not accept that opening paragraph as gospel for several reasons. Im sure once more info becomes available or coherently typed we can then form a cobclusion

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Also waiting for Mechman in this thread.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

you cant really blame it on Mechman. i know its frustrating doing all this extra work especially with a series of unfortunate events like that. but it sounds like mechman is doing everything in their power to correct the situation and get you taken care of.

Everything except send him an alternator that lives up to what they claim. As someone in the market for a high amp alternator upgrade for my jeep TJ I am thinking twice.

You don't pay good money for a crap product. And you damn sure don't pay good money for even worse service. Mistakes happen, I get it. But mechman should have taken better care of the guy.

Exchanging the defective product, making the customer pay for the return shipping and then using a 2week cheapest service to get him an alternator that also doesn't work is UNACCEPTABLE.

In the very least they should have had the manager or owner of the company call him, apologize to him man to man and then sent that alternator out on oh say 2 or 3 day express? Not overnight but just a gesture of good faith.

Even if Mechman sent him two defective Alternators, an on the phone apology goes a LONG way for this customer.

I am small business owner. I would NEVER allow a customer to go through something like this without me personally doing EVERYTHING in my power to retain my good name.

Integrity is priceless. You can't buy it in a store. Once you've lost it, you've lost it.

Hey Mechman. You done screwed the pooch bro's. Wonder what the reviews look like for the Mean Green Alternator ..

1.Do you know what shipping to and from Hawaii costs. Most companies will make you pay return shipping on orders. and return it using standard shipping. and if its really that big of a deal ill reimburse him the $68 he paid for shipping just to keep Mechmans good name (i have no affiliation with mechaman just think they make a quality product and have quality service and i am willing to defend that)

2. while it is unfortunate that he got the wrong one then a defective one. thats just bad luck. you cant really pin the entire reputation of the company on this single instance. look and the 100's of other people who are beyond happy with their mechamn product and the mechman quality of service.

3 We have all received a bad product at one point in our lives. even the best of companies dont catch everything in their Q/C process. it happens thats what they make warranties for.

Business lesson 101 Sincere apologies cost you nothing, cement your reputation and earn you money. lots of money.

As far as "bad shit happening". I can help you avoid this from happening in the first place-

Test your alternator when it is done being built. While testing it, ensure you label it correctly.

If a mistake happens, apologize profusely and make sure your customer is taken care of adequately. You don't have to go overboard but you can NEVER let your name be spoken of like this in such a public forum DIRECTLY to the people you market to.

Business lesson 202- Marketing. It costs a ton of money to get one single customer to buy your product. That same customer, when fully satisfied, will bring you tons of business and they in turn will bring you business. In an industry such as yours, almost completely web based, you can't afford to rebound from this.

That $68 you saved by sticking it this guy is going to cost you 10 fold in the very least to recover from.

I have no sympathy for most failing businesses in this country. Many of you haven't got a clue.

BTW I am member of oh probably 5 different forums -JeepForum.com, WranglerForum, Lightfighter, AR15.com and this one, just off the top of my head.

That $68 you saved was your 1st mistake and your weak ass public "apology" on here was even bigger.

you dp realize that the person you sre talking to has jo affiliation with mechman right?

Do you know it took twoo weeks or if it took him two weeks to find it because fedex screwed up?

Do you know what mechman has done to make this right before someone took to the internet to voice their concern? As a small business owner you should know people are assholes and believe making a stink is better than working with you to resolve issues. How do you know this guy isnt one of those who fees hes owed something other than what hes paid for? How do you know he installed it right? There are a ton of questions that arent answered.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

That's FedEx's deal with shipping problems not Mechman's.

Mechman has amazing customer service, Matt helped me out over the weekend with a few issues.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

One, as stated Toyotas do charge low, It is a 2011 so also VERY likely it has some sort of PCM controlled voltage. Which is not the Alternators fault.

Two, As also stated, HO alternators often put out less at idle because their most output occurs at higher RMPs

Three. You can clamp it all you want at idle. No alts put out their rated power if there is nothing turned on to draw that big power.

Wow, this thread just wow...

what I see is mechman giving great customer service.

a self installer that quickly blamed mechman rather then checking his own work(from what he said at least)

not to mention the smaller pulley us to help increase output at lower rpms but still won't do as much at idle as some stock units.

the pcm controlled alt could very well be giving issued do to a small mistake in the install.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Like some of the other members have stated, you can't clamp a HO alternator at low RPM's and expect it to do the rated output. I think you need to clamp it at higher RPM's and do a little more testing on the alt. Also you need to make sure all the connections are good and tight. When I installed my alt and the big 3 I left one of the stock wires off and realized that the alt wasn't charging because that wire that I had left off also had a wire connected to it that went back to the alternator.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter