Second Skin Audio

I recently ordered some soundqubed HDS312' (2 of them) but because they haven't shipped yet I have been considering spending the extra $20 for 2 15's. with the dimensions of my trunk is this possible? i know the box needs to be 9cu. ft. and the port 1.5 cu ft sp 10.5 cu ft box total volume. Is it possible to put 2 15s? or should i stick with 2 12s any help would be appreciated

TRUNK_zps41557dd5.png

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

You should have enough space with the 19x52x20 just using the wide section for two 15s BUT you may need to build inside, to know, build a cardboard dummy box and try to place it inside, if you can you could build the box outside.

someone else is probably more qualified for this than me but I figured you have 14.06 cubes using max dimensions without any bracing with 3/4" material. That's if everything is measured correctly and you don't have little unexpected bumps or curves you didn't account for.

It's definitely easier to fit the 12's, because the box you will need build for the 15's isn't going to be easy to build or fit...if it fits through the trunk lid. You may have to build it in the car which isn't easy and takes allot of planning! Also don't know how your going to have to subs situated? maybe subs up and port going into the can through seats or port through rear deck? or subs and port facing rear.

so all in all the box for 2 ported 15's isn't going to be easy....maybe shoot RAM Designs an email with this + more info, and he can give you a real box design and let you know if its practical. He is very reasonable in pricing!

Sorry if this wasn't all that useful.

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

I did the math even used sketcup to mock up a box. i think i will try thy the cardboard box method. i guess more than anything i was looking for a little direction if it was practical but the more i think about it probably not the box would be huge i really wanna make it kind of a showcase project. with a box really big i gotta think about amp placement access to the extra batteries i plan to buy. It would be nice to have 2 15's though :nuts:

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

Archived