should i wire up fans for my amp?

Are the crescendo and sundown comp sets the same impedance? Just curious.

They both come in 4 and 8 ohm variants, if thats what ya mean.. for PA mids

For comp sets, i believe theyre both 4 ohms. Check the manufacturer sites?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Are the crescendo and sundown comp sets the same impedance? Just curious.

They both come in 4 and 8 ohm variants, if thats what ya mean.. for PA mids

For comp sets, i believe theyre both 4 ohms. Check the manufacturer sites?

Didn't want to look, hoping he would answer lol. I was just getting at the fact that if they were different that is where his heat would be. That is if I'm right in thinking that the gain for a 2 ohm component set and a 4 ohm component set would need to be different. And since they are on 1 and 2 the gain is shared

I vote for bad install. He must have the component set wired to 1 ohm or something crazy like that. Then having his gain set to max, wrong low and high pass filter settings.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I vote for bad install. He must have the component set wired to 1 ohm or something crazy like that. Then having his gain set to max, wrong low and high pass filter settings.

I agree. Guessing gains maxed and wired to like 0.1 ohms lol. This thread may get good...

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the install either

What I was getting at lol. There's no reason it should be getting hot enough to protect if it was right

Lets make this easy and simple.

you have been told to check

wiring

voltage

finale impedance

gain

boost

and so many other suggestions

I'm running a t400-4 which they like to get hot. Mine is in my trunk with stuff in it just about all the time. Running full tilt correct set gains no boost with no heating issues. Voltage is fantastic since its my only amp stalled

same t400-4 with a t1500.1bdcp stock electrical (105 amp alt) big box with limited space for the amps. Still no issues and the 1500.1 gets hot so both of them side by side with no issue.

you are the issue with the install. Something your doing the amp don't like.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

What I was getting at lol. There's no reason it should be getting hot enough to protect if it was right
hahha yes maybe the power/ground isn't big enough or the the ground isn't good enough

Excessive heat is likely a poor quality ground, or running an ohm load the amp doesn't like. If the amp is going into protect, it's trying to tell you something. You need to stay from scratch. Disconnect EVERYTHING and reconnect one at a time.

1. Check your final ohm load the amp with a DMM.

2. Redo your ground, solid crimped or soldered connection to the lug itself. The location of grounding needs to be sanded smooth, bare metal. The location needs better than flimsy metal. Seat bolts can sometimes be a good option.

3. Your noise could be a bad set of RCAs, change those out. You can ground your RCAs on your HU as well with bare copper wire.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived