Off road or sound build?

Just a quick question if anyone has the time, If you had a choice to do either an audio build or a off road build which one would you do? I'm thinking of what I should do next, There's pros and cons to each of the choices I have. The off roading and jeep community is great as well as the audio community, So I cant decide on just using the community's.

One thing I cant get past is if I go with the off road build, What should I go with? Manual Trans or Auto Trans? Both have their pros and cons, Auto being for better control I.E Rock Crawling and manual for being more IN Hill climbs, mud, MAYBE trails (although that will depend on the driver) control if that makes any sense. Auto would need an trans cooler for slow moving trails.

For the car build I would just go with a manual. I really like stick better than an auto for a car, however for off roading im not to sure.

For the off road build id only go with one brand, and only 2 models, the brand being Jeep and the 2 models being XJ Cherokee or a 97+ Wrangler both models preferably with the I6, The great thing is that either model of both jeeps can either be 4 speed Auto or 5 speed manual or 04+ TJs 6 speed manual.

For the car build I only know of a few cars that would be good to suit my liking, Scion TC 6 Speed manual, Acura RSX Type S 5 or 6 speed Manual, Honda Civic.For the car build, it would NOT be anything SOTM worthy, I am no where near creative enough for that I can do simple builds but nothing like fabrication. The build I would do for my car would be enough to please me and only me, unless I find a girl that likes bass.

So the question, Off road build or Sound build, What jeep and auto or manual, sound build car, what kind of car, throw some car models out there, Good trunk space for 2 12's, is easy on the eyes, good gas millage, quick, manual.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I would say why not both buuuuuuuut as the owner of a 05 Tj 6 speed there is absolutely no room for audio unless you take that back seat out and even then there really isn't much of a floor to use so its would probably be better to go with a Cherokee. At least then you would have trunk space. I had a grand Cherokee before this thy I had an 18 in for awhile. Never got around to lifting it as its pretty pricey to do so correctly.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

I didn't exactly say rock climbing, What I mentioned was that an auto trans would be better for rock climbing. If I got a wrangler I would embed the sub under the rear seat in the seat. It would have to be really small and real slim.

Jeep_subwoofer.jpg

Jeep_wrangler_subwoofer.jpg

But if I did go with the jeep build and do both, should I go with auto trans or manual? I want to get better at stick, Right now I'm good at stick, Not sure how good I would be on the trail with stick but I want to learn how to do off roading with a stick.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Go with the manual then. Stay on lower gears and slightly higher rpms and you will be fine. It's not like driving in the street where you typically shift around 2500 rpm. It will most definitely be fun. You already know how to drive manual so it won't be too hard to get it done.

Sounds good, Thanks for your input, I'll look around for a good wrangler.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Its true the the definition of off road can be defined by some as being a pavement princess, but Id rather not be that type of person and actually do what jeeps were, what in my mind made to do, and that is off road.

Off road builds can be defined as some as lifted trucks or 4x4s with giant mud terrain tires and ridiculous size lifts, but also the only off roading they see is either snow covered roads or dirt and gravel roads. AKA Mall crawling or being a pavement princess.

Then the other definition of off road builds means a legitimate one, taking the time to actually armor your vehicle for wheeling, doing research for which lifts would suit you best for your application. Which tires you would want, Mud terrain or All terrain. Aka using the vehicle what you built it to do, real off roading.

My off road build I'm not sure, I personally don't know what the off road parks are like here in TN, but I will build it to best suit my application in the field. I've never been mudding but I have a feeling its as if what the videos portray it to be, A giant open area with either a giant puddle or lake then you go all out though that water and mud field and hope not to get stuck. Or if its rock crawling type of terrain, Id build it to that specification, I.E More armor. What I'm going to focus on is a trail build type of rig which would fit my description of an off road rig.

Depending on what the type of Wrangler I get either a YJ, TJ, LJ, JK, or if I get a cherokee XJ I have different builds in mind to best suit me. I know that for right now since I consider myself an entry level off roader I will either get a 3-4" lift with no BL and either 32"s or 33"s with the I6 5 speed if YJ or TJ, or the LJ, JK 5 or 6 speed, If i get a XJ Cherokee I would get 3" lift maybe a 3.5" with 31's, 33"s if I cut and fold the wheel wells.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived