Second Skin Audio

My first custom enclosure.

jpend11

hey every one i am going to be building my first enclosure ever and need some help. i have two kicker l7 15s going in an 02 Chevy trailblazer, and i have been playing around with the Torres box software. for me the design has been a little tricky since i don't have experience. from what i gather the kicker website says per sub need a minimum of 3 cubic feet to a max of 6 cubic feet per sub for the box, so the measurements i have for the box in Torres calculator is a height of 22 inches a width of 38 inches and a depth of 30 inches, the port dimensions im a little confused on i have the height at 20.5 inches im assuming using 3/4 inch mdf it cant be the same height as the whole box since you have to take 1 in a half inches off between the thickness of the top and the bottom. now i have 7 inches in the width box for the port and a length of 24 inches. now i looked up online it says each sub has a displacement of .16 so i put .32 in the woofer displacement box is that correct or should i put .16? i have two common port walls and 1 extra baffle since i will be firing the subs upward and i want the top to be 1.5 inches i have that box checked and i want the port to be towards the rear hatch of my truck. with all of these measurements as is it says the gross volume is 12.34 cubic feet and the net volume is 9.19 cubic feet tuned at 33.55 hz with 15.62 square inches of port area per foot and a port area of 143.50 square inches. now i have read around that putting 45s in the box makes it sound better along with sanding the outside and inside of the port to round it off makes it sound better.

thanks everyone for your input so far i will definantly take all this into consideration before i go and build it now what about putting 45s in the corners and rounding off the walls on the port does it make a difference?

Archived