Excessive voltage drop

If its the alt upgrade it to an ho alt. Something in the 175+ range. If you plan on upgrading amps then get a bigger alt. I personally would rather have the biggest alt you cam get so you don't have to worry about upgrading it again if you keep upgrading amps.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Batteries will add capacity and alternator keeps all the batteries charged up. Sounds like your alternator cant keep up. More batteries and a bigger alternator. Adding just more batteries will just make your alternator work harder to keep them charged up

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Where are you measuring voltage from?

I want you to do a quick voltage drop test. Measure voltage drop at your amp - probes to the input

Then measure voltage drop on your alt - positive probe to charge stud, negative probe to casing

I'm messing it from my dash and amp both. I will try the test after work.

how do you have the subs wired to end up with a 1.5ohm load just curious

The subs aren't 1.5, the mids are...3 ohm drivers.

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

Only thing that I could think is that for the last almost 3 years of running what I have on the stock alt it is tired of trying to keep up and not working right anymore. I'm like everyone else and it's full tilt or nothing 95% of the time!

Build coming soon

Here's what I've gathered: I used bass mechanic competition hertz to test...alt reads 13.6 at idle and dropped no lower than 13.3 for a split second as bass dropped. The front battery stayed at 13.6 and dropped .1 when bass hit, rear battery was at 13.4 and dropped to 12.9, sub amp ran the same. Boston 4100 ran at 12.4-12.6 turned up or not it seemed. I did also determine that my stinger volt meter I had reading my aq2200 is shit. It was even at idle then was off over .5 full tilt. I'm not sure if the boston is meant to run lower voltage like that or not. I know the manual has all testing done at 12.6. So the weakest link is the stinger for sure, surprise surprise... Are there any other quality vm's aside from the smd out right now? I just don't want to throw that kind of money out at this time on it even though I know it's worth it.

Build coming soon

Archived