Excessive voltage drop

Mike singer alts to, he is a busy guy but customer service is top notch.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeffy said mechman.

also there is an impala build with 6 15s going on and the guy building it is going to be installing a js alt so if it don't take long for him to get the alt in then maybe you could get a review from him.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Mike singer alts to, he is a busy guy but customer service is top notch.

Singer will treat you right

My personal opinion on customer service has been bad with singer.. emailed him several times with no response. I hear he makes a great alt though

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

How did you crimp? What terminals did you use? Pics?

I crimped them on with vice grips because I don't have any good crimpers. Most of the ring terms are stinger, the others are copper lugs that were used with a crimper. I did order a mechman g series 250a today. I also have an update on this whole thing...on my way to work it did the normal drop to 12.4-12.6 and never returned voltage to normal. After work, it stayed at 14 so I turned my subs back on and it stayed at 13 full tilt for a couple mins then dropped down as low as 12.3 and back up to 13.5 when I turned it down. There has to be an outside issue somewhere else. Could my ecu be telling my alt that it doesn't need to charge or to charge at the wrong time? If so how in the hell do you fix that kind of problem?

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

I crimped them on with vice grips because I don't have any good crimpers. Most of the ring terms are stinger, the others are copper lugs that were used with a crimper. I did order a mechman g series 250a today. I also have an update on this whole thing...on my way to work it did the normal drop to 12.4-12.6 and never returned voltage to normal. After work, it stayed at 14 so I turned my subs back on and it stayed at 13 full tilt for a couple mins then dropped down as low as 12.3 and back up to 13.5 when I turned it down. There has to be an outside issue somewhere else. Could my ecu be telling my alt that it doesn't need to charge or to charge at the wrong time? If so how in the hell do you fix that kind of problem?
Find someone with a set of real crimpers or solder them on. Vise grips and hammers are not a good crimping method

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Find someone with a set of real crimpers or solder them on. Vise grips and hammers are not a good crimping method
Couldn't agree more. I did it a shit way and need to redo it.

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

Yeah man that's definitely not helping your voltage issue lol.

You can get a tank and torch at home depot for 15 bucks IIRC. After that all you need is some rosin core solder and an additional tub of rosin flux - especially if you are soldering raw copper or CCA. Tinned OFC does pretty well with taking solder, the other two take a bit more "loving"

All together it should be around 30 bucks.

If you want to invest in a better crimper, that will be in the $130 range. TBH unless you are doing a lot of connections all the time I think you would be better off with soldering from a cost perspective

Archived