Why use 1/0 to 1/0 AMp Inputs?

So you clearly could not find our friend resistance anywhere in your basement correct? By your measurement standards, resistance has done left the building.

Yet your #3 claim is for "better power transfer" ( your term, not mine ) Is this "better power transfer" a result of resistance pulling an Elvis has left the building exit from your basement??

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Divide by zero. Infinite power

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Average over 10 tests I got more power. That is the basis of my claim. I am no electrical engineer and have no way or idea how to prove why. I will be more than happy to do this on a much larger scale test. I think a solid 5-7kw amp should suffice.

Maybe we can bring OFC vs CCA in while we are at it.

FYI you can take a 50foot roll of 60/40 rosin core solder, unroll the entire roll so no pieces are touching each other than test its resistance.

The resistance is rather low to none present.

Same thing applies to the wire..

Its dead, not live

Now if you have 200 amps of current being drawn through the wire, the wires resistance will increase.

The closer you get to the wires amperage limitations the resistance will start to spike.

There for like earlier said with dying an amplifier that exceeds the rating of the wire will give you realistic numbers because you are then and only then stressing the wire.
200-350 amps of current through a over sized 1/0gauge ofc wire is not really stressing it, there for the tests will not be 100% spot on.

Now if you wanted to test it wire up a 5000-7000 watt amplifier using only 1 positive and 1 negative, so you are stressing the wire, and do the test with and without the 1/0 to 1/0 converters.

Average over 10 tests I got more power. That is the basis of my claim. I am no electrical engineer and have no way or idea how to prove why. I will be more than happy to do this on a much larger scale test. I think a solid 5-7kw amp should suffice.

Maybe we can bring OFC vs CCA in while we are at it.

Clearly you are defensive, and if i have offended you, I dearly apologize. Your claim of "better power transfer' sparked my interest. As a potential customer, I want to make sure such claims made are accurate and true to their statements. Because I question your claims does not make me a hater.

I do however have an issue with your testing methods. Hence why I asked for you to explain in greater detail your methods, control and results. The absent of Resistance anywhere in your measurements is a difficult claim for me understand. I have always understood resistance to be a part of any electrical equation measurement. you let resistance leave your basement so it could not be properly measured, that rascal!

Truth to all this is I wanted to see if you could actually step down from your soapbox and take a look at your testing methods. Clearly YOU couldn't even get accurate readings anywhere in your testing. The control in the AMD-1 was different from run to run and it took you 3 different pieces of equipment to read resistance in wire. If you took the average of your 3 controlled readings of resistance, your control of all resistance to be null from all measurements.

If you are going to make a bold claim that adding a product actually INCREASES the value of its performance, then do your research. Actually back you claims with solid proof. Not some "basement, oh wait I lost resistance out the back door" experiment.

I don't have to prove that it doesn't work, or work better. You made the claims that it does, YOU prove that it actually improves said claim by X amount or by this % All while eliminating error in controlled testing in every way possible.

And to this, I say, Good day.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I am testing in the only way that I know how. I would be more than happy to run the test differently or with different readings, tell me and I will gladly do it.

I am by no means the smartest person here nor do I claim to be.

Better power transfer may not have been the best choice of words, but it's too late for that.

Those words were chosen based on this test and previous tests that I have run in the same way. I have gotten the same results previously using a dc 3.5k.

Seems I need to learn more of the functions on my amm1 to measure voltage drop across the wire during the test and then calculate resistance from there.

If you would like me to test something, tell me what you would like tested and how to test it. I will do that and post the results.

And yes I am defensive.

You say I am wrong but have not offered anything more than black hole and Elvis for reasoning.

Instead of being a smartass, how about you impart some knowledge. Tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix it. I am not one of the noob trolls here posting. I have been a regularly contributing member here for years as have been paying to be here for the last 2 years.

SMD drew me here because of a quality and helpful member base. Unfortunately it seems over the past year or so that number has dwindled.

When idiots cone here being complete ass clowns, sure go ahead and let loose, but have some respect for someone who is actually trying.

No one knows everything, not me, not you, not anyone. But some people are smarter than others. I would be more than happy to learn from someone smarter than me. If you are smarter than me, then come to me with facts and not Elvis has left the building.

I don't have to reason, I'm not the one making claims. I don't have to line out the limits of testing, again, I am not the one making claims. You claimed something was better. Prove it. Actually prove it without having to put an * next to your claim that "results may be off as much as 50% or so, because I really don't know" hell YOU have all the fancy equipment, not me.

In all seriousness you seem like a pretty smart guy. Yet you say dumb things like " there is no resistance" really? You know damn well there is resistance. If YOU didn't read any then YOU did the measurement incorrectly. Go back and do it right. Misinformation runs rampant in car audio. If you aren't the answer, then you are part of the problem. Your power claim wasn't helpful to the community, it could be but since there isn't accurate facts in testing, it's just sales bullshit.

So instead of being helpful and telling me what you think I should do different, you just say to figure it out.

If I am wrong and you are right, then tell me exactly what to do differently and then let me prove myself wrong. Seems that would make me look stupid if using your way of testing proves me wrong.

Archived