Why use 1/0 to 1/0 AMp Inputs?

The dyno shows more power with the input adapter. End of story, I don't see why it is up for debate. You can not measure the resistance difference without specialized equipment, the difference is likely less than 1 milliohm. But 0.001 ohms at 500 Amps, for example, is 250 Watts! Every milliohm counts.

so from whati saw in the video just comparing the first test on each the ghetto wire had a starting voltage of 14.8 where the inputs had a starting voltage of 15.03 my eyes arent that great so i could be wrong and i understand that it wont make that big of a difference but the results didnt vary by that much of a difference bill and i do use these from time to time so we arent hating on it at all we are pointing out the fact that your testing had many uncontrolled variables bill was simply trying topoint them out in a fashion to where you could reply and explain what was going on he was trying to set you up for success but you tookitas him picking on you and yougot diffensive tony is definately the smartest person to comment in the thread which is why im question how the starting voltage doesntmake a difference so i can learn something stop thinking everyone is bashing you, bill is trying to teach you how to be an honest salesmen andmake money

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"resistance has done left the building. "

I lol'ed !!

This is great and efficient if you're changing amps all the time !! Good stuff !!

But would make more sense if copper wire went into copper inputs instead of aluminum . If there's no difference in that, then CCA wire shouldn't be that much of a difference then OFC wire ? Different topic I suppose .

But good idea

If you cant get all the strands into the amps lug then what makes you think you can get all the strands into that mechanical lug? Its a set screw lug going into the set screw lug on the amp. Its just a extra connection point if Its a mechanical lug going into a mechanical lug. I can see if you needed to reduce the size of the terminal going into the lug on the amp but other then that it doesn't serve a purpose in my opinion. On another note, cooper strands going into a mechanical lugs on amps will keep a much tighter connection versus sticking a solid connector ( the product you are showing ) into the lug. Vibration wont loosen the lug on the amp with that?

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

If you cant get all the strands into the amps lug then what makes you think you can get all the strands into that mechanical lug? Its a set screw lug going into the set screw lug on the amp. Its just a extra connection point if Its a mechanical lug going into a mechanical lug. I can see if you needed to reduce the size of the terminal going into the lug on the amp but other then that it doesn't serve a purpose in my opinion.

That just means you need a connector lug to hide the wires going into the connector lug to go into the amp ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Maybe just solder the wire into the connector like we do with copper lugs and forget the set screw for the wire?

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Maybe just solder the wire into the connector like we do with copper lugs and forget the set screw for the wire?

Cooper is a fairly soft metal so the fine stranded cooper going into the lug is not a concern. I would think the bigger concern is sticking a solid hard metal terminal or pin into the lug on the amp and tightening it down and keeping it tight without vibration loosening it up. A set screw can crush into the soft cooper and make it a tight solid connection versus sticking a really hard metal ( pin ) into a mechanical lug and trying tightening that down and keeping it tight.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

that video of holding up an amp means nothing. I can do the same thing with an american bass 1000.1 with CCA wire and does nothing.

Holding a object up by the wire, and yanking on the wire in the amp is 2 different things, and when you yank on the wire as if an amp sliding around in a trunk would be applying a lot more than 35 pounds of force or whatever the weight of the amp is..

You said that its not a great connection with the wire flattening out inside a setscrew when its in the amp, but your doing that exact thing in the connector.

Apparently tony didnt watch your videos otherwise he would not agree to the terminals making more wattage "just because the dyno says so". Its making more wattage because the higher voltage, PERIOD.

Next your going to tell us that a higher voltage doesn't equal more power?

OK so now you want to come at me to?!?!

How many times do I have to say this? Maybe all capitals will get my point across.

THESE ARE SOLELY MEANT TO MAKE CONNECTIONS CLEANER!

THE DYNO TEST WAS RUN ONLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF SHOWING THAT THESE DO NOT HINDER THE POWER OUTPUT OF THE AMPLIFIER!!!!!!

I have taken down the original picture because I do acknowledge that I had a poor choice of words when stating "better power transfer"

The fact still remains though that the dyno did prove that these did not in anyway hinder the performance of the amp.

:popcorn2:

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Archived