Why use 1/0 to 1/0 AMp Inputs?

your results are skewed. the "float voltage" ranges from 15v-14.6v at the beginning of each test. when your talking about the minuscule gain your seeing that .4v skewed your results....

when you say there is absolutely no loss from using the inputs that is simply untrue. adding anything results in more resistance it is just so inconsequential in this application.

ps- not saying these are a bad thing!!! if you change amps often these would be a huge time saver. the difference is so small that I bet you could run the test a hundred times and get almost identical results with or without the inputs-

If you would like to get that specific, I can go back and note the beginning and ending voltage for each test. I understand the float voltage. The reason that in the first test it had drawn down to 14.8v is because the amp had been turned on to be tuned before I started the video. This drew some of the surface charge off of the batteries.

This was also why I ran the test 10 times back to back with no charger on, only battery power. I would expect the results to show the same if I were to run the test 20, 50, or 100 times.

The entire point of this was to show that the inputs do not cause a loss because of adding another link. That was proven here. If there would have been less power produced and more voltage drop while using them, then the argument of them being pointless would then be valid, but that's not the case.

they do cause a loss....

my point was that even the smallest addition will cause a loss. the loss is so small it's probably beyond the resolution of your equipment... (that's kinda why I highlighted the red part in my post)

If it caused a loss or raised the resistance, then that should have shown in the test. But it didnt. I have run this same test with a DC 3.5k with a same results. The inputs tested out stronger on the dyno than bare wire did. I guess next time, maybe I wont recharge the battery bank, I will let it stay drained from the first test to see if maybe that will prove a point since most of you still want to argue.

Adding a piece on the end of the wire that is a total 1.875" long is not going to add enough is any resistance to be measurable.

If using these inputs is bad, then by that logic, no one should use lugs on the end of wires since that is an added link and adds resistance. That is a bullshit argument.

It does seem very comparable to lugs. They're for easy swapping of amps and the look of them anyways. I don't understand the need to argue them.

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

It does seem very comparable to lugs. They're for easy swapping of amps and the look of them anyways. I don't understand the need to argue them.

Me either. I have shown that they dont hinder the performance of the amp and that it make wiring your amp easier, especially if you are someone who has a tendency to upgrade or change amps alot. Anyone that has taken a 1/0 wire out of an amp and then tried to put it back in, it is harder to put in cleanly after it has been installed once.

Archived