Why use 1/0 to 1/0 AMp Inputs?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you need to delete this whole thread and start over. Its just not working trying to explain yourself over and over.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

The dyno shows more power with the input adapter. End of story, I don't see why it is up for debate. You can not measure the resistance difference without specialized equipment, the difference is likely less than 1 milliohm. But 0.001 ohms at 500 Amps, for example, is 250 Watts! Every milliohm counts.

so from whati saw in the video just comparing the first test on each the ghetto wire had a starting voltage of 14.8 where the inputs had a starting voltage of 15.03 my eyes arent that great so i could be wrong and i understand that it wont make that big of a difference but the results didnt vary by that much of a difference bill and i do use these from time to time so we arent hating on it at all we are pointing out the fact that your testing had many uncontrolled variables bill was simply trying topoint them out in a fashion to where you could reply and explain what was going on he was trying to set you up for success but you tookitas him picking on you and yougot diffensive tony is definately the smartest person to comment in the thread which is why im question how the starting voltage doesntmake a difference so i can learn something stop thinking everyone is bashing you, bill is trying to teach you how to be an honest salesmen andmake money

You must use OFC.

ONE FUCKING COMMA! One comma and not a single period (besides voltages) in the whole Gotdamn sentance!

For fucks sake people, is it that hard? I'm not trying to be a dick, but this is a huge issue with this site. People searching and coming to SMD must think we've all gone 'tard.

If you care about this site, PLEASE at least TRY to make your postings legible.

that video of holding up an amp means nothing. I can do the same thing with an american bass 1000.1 with CCA wire and does nothing.

Holding a object up by the wire, and yanking on the wire in the amp is 2 different things, and when you yank on the wire as if an amp sliding around in a trunk would be applying a lot more than 35 pounds of force or whatever the weight of the amp is..

You said that its not a great connection with the wire flattening out inside a setscrew when its in the amp, but your doing that exact thing in the connector.

Apparently tony didnt watch your videos otherwise he would not agree to the terminals making more wattage "just because the dyno says so". Its making more wattage because the higher voltage, PERIOD.

Next your going to tell us that a higher voltage doesn't equal more power?

The only way it'd achieve more than 35lbs of "tug" on the amp is if your vehicle exceeded 1g. With most cars that peopl here own, that means they just got in a wreck. Or MAYBE under severe braking. But even then, the amp would have resistance against a surface, significantly reducing the g load.

Or they have a 3k+ amp in a 911, lol.

Just sayin'.

Wow. Just wow.

Guys, is any of this necessary? Cody came up with a clever product for guys that allows an easy and simple way to remove finely stranded copper cables from an amp, and then get all of those strands back in the amp. Maybe you swap your amps in the lanes, blow an amp doing something stupid. Whatever - Cody's idea is to save you time.

What I take out of this is . . . This part is designed to accomplish the above and Cody's testing was merely to prove that it doesn't reduce amplifier power in the process.

Sure, we can all poke holes in the testing specifics, but why? It's not like Cody has claimed that if you buy a pair of these doodads, your amplifier will now be so efficient it'll be able to charge your battery too.

SMD is a community. To that end, we owe it to each other to be respectful, even when we disagree.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Here is what I got out of this thread.

Ppl are butthurt.

All these does it make for a nice easy connection so you don't got strands of wire sticking out and causing hassle.

But no we argue like babies on here bc blah blah. Honestly ppl. Let CJ do his thing.

I'm telling ya kids. Smd be getting butthurt lately .

Here is what I got out of this thread.

Ppl are butthurt.

All these does it make for a nice easy connection so you don't got strands of wire sticking out and causing hassle.

But no we argue like babies on here bc blah blah. Honestly ppl. Let CJ do his thing.

I'm telling ya kids. Smd be getting butthurt lately .

Actually it's not SMD

Lol

Archived