Sonic Electronix

Hey, I have 2 13w7s and am deciding between amps for them. I'm wondering if a t2500 bdcp by rockford or 2 t1500s will be too much stress for my electrical. I have a 250 amp alt, big 3, and probably goin with 2 xs xp2000 batteries in the back or a kinetik hc3800. I was curious which set up would put less stress on my electrical. each t1500 would have a 200 amp fuse, the 2500 would have a 300 amp fuse. Ill be using a t600.4 for my doors. Wondering if the 2 1500s, each would be wired to 3 ohm, one for each sub, the 2500 would be wired to 1.5 ohm. Def wont run the risk of blowing my subs with the 2 1500s, but i was wondering if it would put too much stress on my electrical, more than the 2500?

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

you can go with either or, I would personally use the 2 1500's and go with the xs power batts. I'm running similar power to you and never go below 12.5 but my amp is wired to 0.25 ohm on the 4 12's. When i had it at 1 ohm I never went below 13.2.

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

thanks. That helps a lot. Still not sure what amp to go with. Im going to test the impedance of each woofer and then make a call. Any idea how loud 2 13w7s will be? they are going in a jeep liberty with a 6 cubic foot box tuned to 30 hz

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

From what I understand those subs are more for sound quality but they do get decently "loud" depending on your definition of the word. It'll sound great though.

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

Do the t2500.imo it would #1 cost less money #2 put less stress on electrical especially if you are only running 1.5 ohm..dnt worry about blowing the subs ..just set gain with a dd1 and turn down from there. Probe with a dmm after you set it with the dd1 and turn it down until you read around 54v ac..=2000w @ 1.5 ohm..and you probably still have room to turn it up after that because there will be voltage drop before the power reaches the subs.. but hey 250a alt and a couple extra batteries can push alotta power ..remember your not dipping into your battery bank power until you drop below 12.6v ..im sure either one you choose that setup is gonna sound real good

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived