Stock HU, Line Out Converter, Dummy Load

So need a little help from those who know a bit more about resistors and dummy loads. I have a 2013 Dodge Charger and since day one I have always had an issue with getting LOC's to work for me. I have used PAC, Xscorpion, No Name, Crappy Name and now using the AudioControl LC6i. Up until now I could not figure out the issue but after going through everything with a fine tooth comb and talking to a few guys who own a car similar to mine I have realized the Radio needs to see a load from 4 speakers to send a signal. I have never seen this before (any newer car I have done has kept stock mids/highs and only wanted to add bass). I tested it by unplugging my speakers 2 by 2 and sure enough the minute I unplugged 4 of 6 speakers the other 2 stopped working. So now I am at the point where I need to figure out a way to trick the radio into seeing a load. I figure a dummy load using resistors would be the perfect remedy. I however am not sure what resistors I need to use to make this happen.

In the interim I have 4 small mids in a sealed pod hidden in my trunk giving me the load I need. I need to change this sooner than later as I am not a big fan of it at all. There is no option for swapping HU's so please do not mention it, I am keeping the stock radio.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Swap the hu. ....

I am going to kick you in the taint.

That sucks. The one Im doing is keeping stock mids for now, but was planning on upgrading down the road. Waiting to see some ideas.

Yeah I thought about just tapping the wires but feel like there is a better way instead. I am just glad I caught this now because it was become a true pain in the ass trying to figure it out.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I wonder if this would present the needed load. Its a little different than a standard signal converter.

http://www.metraonline.com/part/AX-ADCT4

I am thinking that is similar to my LC6i not sure it will do anything different. The thing is the LC6i sees some thing because it turns on when I have the wires connected to it but I am thinking its not enough to produce a signal for my amps. I will be able to test it more in a few days as I try a few things out.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

If you need to make it think it sees a load determine what ohm load you need and get a resistor 3-5 times greater in wattage rating so that it wont overheat on prolonged play.

The resistor will load down the radio but will transform the wattage to heat.

you can get a pair of resistors for around $8

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

If you need to make it think it sees a load determine what ohm load you need and get a resistor 3-5 times greater in wattage rating so that it wont overheat on prolonged play.

The resistor will load down the radio but will transform the wattage to heat.

you can get a pair of resistors for around $8

Okay now repeat that but in Engrish please lol. I need it to see a 4 ohm load I would assume. What size resistor would you say?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

You got that Uconnect BS...in which everything is connected to that radio....try out this website http://oemautopartsco.com/collections/unlock-interfaces/products/uconnect-touch-c8-lockpick they might have what you need to jailbreak your radio basically....

You got that Uconnect BS...in which everything is connected to that radio....try out this website http://oemautopartsco.com/collections/unlock-interfaces/products/uconnect-touch-c8-lockpick they might have what you need to jailbreak your radio basically....

Lol yeah kinda wish I had opted for the 8.4" screen which would've let me use the PAC module they make that is actually plug and play but no I tried to be slick and keep the pocket for my VuDin lol.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived