XS Power

What amps do you have now? Maybe start with doubling power.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Ic, so doubling would be 10k..

well if I was you I'd go one of 3 ways.

1. Double power hope for decent voltage

2. Double power don't play full tilt unless competing or voltage is good.

3. Sell the amp you have and go for 7-8k instead.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

It is highly probable that you can gain 3dB a lot faster spending time, effort, and money into optimizing the box and aggressively deadening than by trying to double the power with inadequate battery bank. It takes power to make power, don't think that beyond a 3 second burp you're really going to see much difference doubling up on amps, Particularly at that power level when you're fighting power compression in the subs and panels flexing, and especially if you don't have a lot more of a battery bank.

I'd even say that you'd likely see the same gain by getting even stronger electrical and running the amp you have at 18V (assuming your amp will run on 18)

Of course if you just want to do it for the sake of saying you have 10K of power, go for it, but have reasonable expectations.

^ its not like doubling power is a guarantee of a 3db increase. It a possible 3db increase but I wouldn't count on more then 1db just because there is no point in getting your hopes up.

sound deadening us a hit or miss on a meter to. Sometimes you can gain a little sometimes you can loose some.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Ic, so doubling would be 10k..

well if I was you I'd go one of 3 ways.

1. Double power hope for decent voltage

2. Double power don't play full tilt unless competing or voltage is good.

3. Sell the amp you have and go for 7-8k instead.

I'll probably just stick with my amp for a while longer.

I had the same alt in my truck

2 bc5500's (.6 each)

6 3100's and it held voltage good but could still get it to drop if I wailed on it

A 2nd alt would be ideal

Thanks for the help boss!

It is highly probable that you can gain 3dB a lot faster spending time, effort, and money into optimizing the box and aggressively deadening than by trying to double the power with inadequate battery bank. It takes power to make power, don't think that beyond a 3 second burp you're really going to see much difference doubling up on amps, Particularly at that power level when you're fighting power compression in the subs and panels flexing, and especially if you don't have a lot more of a battery bank.

I'd even say that you'd likely see the same gain by getting even stronger electrical and running the amp you have at 18V (assuming your amp will run on 18)

Of course if you just want to do it for the sake of saying you have 10K of power, go for it, but have reasonable expectations.

I never said I wanted to gain anything lol. Just asked what would be recommended for 10k. Also that's the point of this thread to find an adequate battery bank pal.

^ its not like doubling power is a guarantee of a 3db increase. It a possible 3db increase but I wouldn't count on more then 1db just because there is no point in getting your hopes up.

sound deadening us a hit or miss on a meter to. Sometimes you can gain a little sometimes you can loose some.

Agree, I've seen a vehicle drop 3db on the meter from deadening the entire car.

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

A few things to keep in mind as i think i have a lil bit of experience on this..

amp: dc 9.0k wired at .05

batts: 2 d3100s and yellow top up front

alt: Dc power 270xp

Car : fusion

One thing to keep in mind is how your car will charge. I had this same electrical on an atomic 12k as well as the dc 9.0k. When my alt is cold i can charge at 14v and at full tilt would drop around 12.3. When my car alts get hot i will charge around 13.2 and voltage drop was around 11.4-11.8 give or take. Frequency also plays a role in this as well.. My car peaks around 30hz so my car took a lot of power to get somewhat loud but at those higher frequencies ( 42-48) the voltage drop was minimal. Once my batteries were depleted i would drop down to around 10.3 and sometimes 10v depending upon how drunk i was when demoing.

if you are going to daily i would add as many batts as you can. Keep in mind that adding batteries is NOT going to increase your voltage at all yet maintain it. You can add 15,00000 d3100s and your voltage will not increase.

What what you stated you have earlier I would say you will be fine. Unless you are like me and play full tilt even at 10v.. but then again the amount of fucks given is 0

good luck

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Sensai hit this one perfectly.

You have a 270A alt, 50a of which will be used to maintain vehicle electronics. So now you have roughly 220A to supply your system. Lets now get to a 10000w amplifier which can pull up to if not more than 1000A. You must build a battery bank with a capability of supporting a minimum of 780A.

This being said, lets take the alternator out of the equation and talk about how to build a proper battery bank. When building a battery bank, I like to eliminate the alternator, this allows you to have the battery reserve to support your audio system.

For a true 10000w, I would be looking at going with 6-8 D3100s or 3-4 D7500s to hold solid voltage while demoing. Yes I know this is alot of batteries, but I am basing this off of full tilt demos on battery power only and still being able to hold 12v for a good period of time.

Edited by CJ18

Werd, wired around .7 nom on my 10k

3400 up front, with 4 7500's in the rear. I was able to go back to back to back on songs, at full. Hell, slight clip even.

The lowest ive ever caught on my fluke was 11.9.

And,... i just added another alt. :)

Edited by KyLar96