Can you crimp these lugs?

16 ton crimper here, tried using these and they still sorta loose. Did it with SHCA lugs and nice and tight

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

I crimp that style lug with a swedge tool and hammer. I have lugs on 1/0 gauge wire that I've used through 4 different vehicles without failure.

Just curious, where did you find these for a good price? I bought a 20pk Raptor kit on Ebay for $12 last summer but that store has shut down and now I need some more of them.

Just curious, where did you find these for a good price? I bought a 20pk Raptor kit on Ebay for $12 last summer but that store has shut down and now I need some more of them.

These being the solder lugs OP posted or closed ended crimp lugs?

^^Disagree

Just because it may stay in place with a quick tug doesn't mean it's a good connection. I've tried that, crimped them with a 16 ton crimper with 0 gauge OFC wire. Wiggle it a bit and it comes out.

Tried it a couple times with various crimp settings. Even getting it down to something a hair larger than a pencil. Same result.

Conclusion I came to is because it's a mechanical connection - the lug is squeezing the wire, holding it in place vs. being fused with it. Those lugs are comparatively(vs an amp terminal or fuse holder that is designed to squeeze) thin, they can only "squeeze" so hard before they give. That's why I can wiggle them loose

I guess I know nothing. Thanks for clearing up my mistake :shrug:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived