Sundown Audio

Ever wire a 1 ohm stable amp to 0.5 ohm?

JEFFYBOI

One thing you have to take into consideration is the risk. Those who do it realize they are doing something that it was never asked to do or designed to do and you do increase the risk of something going wrong. If you are willing to caculate and accept that risk then have at it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

One thing you have to take into consideration is the risk. Those who do it realize they are doing something that it was never asked to do or designed to do and you do increase the risk of something going wrong. If you are willing to caculate and accept that risk then have at it

Part of that risk being you void the warranty in most cases. If it blows and or frys it's on you now that you have wired it below safe standards. Some companies do warranty below .5 ohm but best to double check with the amp manufacturer.

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

Agreed. I can't even count hoe many times weve seen people shit on a company about a toasted amp when they were the ones at fault. Uf it goes you kinda have to say well that sucks and get it fixed realizing its on you.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Agreed. I can't even count hoe many times weve seen people shit on a company about a toasted amp when they were the ones at fault. Uf it goes you kinda have to say well that sucks and get it fixed realizing its on you.

Me too, so and so brand sucks because they screwed me on the amp saying warranty doesn't cover blah blah blah. If you did something improper even wiring it up wrong and didn't know it. That's absolutely your fault. Everytime I go to wire a amp up I double and triple check that I wired everything correctly. Does it take a ton of time? Yeah, but it's worth it in the end.

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

Sounds like the amp was starving for more power, im sure if you had the proper electrical you would of had better results im guessing. That's odd though the Stinger volt meter That was reading back at the amp had a higher voltage reading then the cars meter. I imagine the cars meter was reading more up closer to the battery under the hood. I would think your cars meter should of read higher voltage then the stinger meter.... odd

Oh, I know I was starving for power but I didn't give a fuck. Everything was in the car except subs when I bought it and I only paid 600 for it. It was an 88 maxima. The stinger I got calibrated at a shop and it still went to shit. The only reason I believed the car's a little more was because that shit used to shake hard and struggle when the voltage started dipping.

Your post got me thinking.... Most of the things we do to are vehicles are not designed to be that way so we actually put more then just a amp at risk if its wired below what its rated for. We risk damaging Shocks/struts, electrical, tires. Im probably missing a lot but when modifying a vehicle with a large stereo system we risk damaging a lot of things. I think people just have to be smart about it.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

I have heard some companies will void warranty if you don't have it installed by some one who is certified or a shop of that sort... Have you heard of this? I never heard of people being certified or like licensed to install stereos have you? And if that is the case I have seen many shops who do shit jobs and have no clue what the hell they are doing

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Sounds like the amp was starving for more power, im sure if you had the proper electrical you would of had better results im guessing. That's odd though the Stinger volt meter That was reading back at the amp had a higher voltage reading then the cars meter. I imagine the cars meter was reading more up closer to the battery under the hood. I would think your cars meter should of read higher voltage then the stinger meter.... odd

Oh, I know I was starving for power but I didn't give a fuck. Everything was in the car except subs when I bought it and I only paid 600 for it. It was an 88 maxima. The stinger I got calibrated at a shop and it still went to shit a couple weeks later. The only reason I believed the car's a little more was because that shit used to shake hard and struggle when the voltage started dipping.
I guess you weren't putting much at risk then being that cheap for everything. The vehicle started shaking like it was dying when the voltage dipped to low? I have never experienced that but I have a had my headlights go completely dim and I mean more then dim like (off). lol

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Never in my life, nor would I want to experience that...

At that point wires should be melting and components should be getting extremely HOT.

I remember some dude tried selling me a 1000/1 v2, where he beat on it so hard that the terminal glued itself onto the wire.

It was so bad that he had to cut the ground and power wires off to get it out of his car lol.

Lowest voltage I've experienced, even in my Legend (which was my super beater) was maybe 11.8v. Which dimmed pretty bad as is.

Archived