Sonic Electronix

Hello everybody, this is going to be my first big banging system (hopefully)

I just purchased a 2014 f150 supercrew, and want to but two sa-10-zv4's in a sealed box from Supercrewsound.com. I see everywhere on the internet where people are saying to use a ported box but since i don't have the space in the truck I believe this is the route i need to go. I will have them on a SAZ-3500d-v2 wired down to 1 ohm so the amp will produce "the full 3500w" ( probably not) but That would leave 1750rms to each which is what Sundown recommends. Which brings me to my box delema.. Here are the specs of the box.

• Air Space = 1.10 cubic foot Per Sub
  • Mounting Depth = 7 1/2" (10" sub)
  • Hole cutout for 10" Sub = 9 1/8"

I also saw on the sundown website (and others) that they recommend 1ft^3 per each sub which this box exceeds a small amount. Do ya'll think this would be do-able without it being a gigantic waste of money not giving the woofers EXACTLY what they want (huge ported box, tuned)?

All information is appreciated. I will be adding ateleast two good batteries, and a 300a alternator to power these bad boys along with the big three.

I know thesee woofers are made to get LOUD and that's exactly what I want, I've had two rockford fosgate 12"s on 300watt rms in a few different vehicles, and have some 3 12" jl's in my car now on 600watts rms. I think i'm ready for some real deal woofers! Thank you if you can help. Here are some links to the woofer box, subs, and amp.

http://www.supercrewsound.com/09F150SCrewUTSdualdeep.html (box)

http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/amplifiers/item/saz-3500d-v2.html (amp)

http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/z-v-4-series.html (subs)

Thanks, Tyler

what you should do, (if you haven't already bought the Subs is just run 1 ten in 2 cubes ported @2ohms on the amp. then when you decide basd is more important then.passengers or cargo space build a box and double up on the Subs.

one z4 in a nice big vented box will be louder and sound better then 2 choked to shit!

you could Just ditch the seat behind the driver seat still have one seat in the back and build the box they deserve!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

so even though the box has a depth big enough to fit the woofers, and the box has 1 cube in each chamber it's not going to sound good? Even that sundown recommends 1 cube of air space? I could port the box too I guess. I'm looking for a nice fit really, and taking out seats is not an option.

Those subs will just sound so much better ported

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

I found a dual 10" box ported to 36 hz and has a ported volume of over 2^3. It's a fox box. IT seems like it's my best option at the moment, for a prefab.

All critisizm accepted!

F150-SC-210-V-09

2009-UP F-150 SUPER CREW
DUAL 10" VENTED SUB ENCLOSURE.

INTERNAL AIR VOLUME: 2.05 CUBIC FEET
DIVIDED: NO
VENTED: YES
TUNE FREQUENCY: 36 hz
MOUNTING DEPTH: 6.25" with a magnet diameter of 6.5 inches or less
BAFFLE TO FLOOR CLEARANCE: 1.75"
SPEAKER HOLE SIZE: 9.125"

Just get a single dual 2 zv4 10 an run it on that 3500 ported best option for you..

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Personally I think they only add the sealed box specs so people can build well built 4th orders with the magnets in the ported section.

OP. if you do not have the skills to build your own, hunt down a good box guy and save some money to pay for a box.

Robin butler with BassHeadsEnt has many 160's under his belt and that's who I use.

Ram designs gives great designs if you have a local builder.

Josh whaele or some shit on Facebook builds good boxes and has fast shipping times. I think his website is thecustomboxshop or something.

There are many others too. Don't go prefab. Get a proper enclosure and be done with it.

My first enclosure was a BHE enclosure, so I took it for granted on built quality. Then I decided to have someone else build me a box and the design was subpar and build quality was much closer to prefab. It broke it self apart in less then 3 months and wouldn't play as low as my BHE box. Now I have another BHE in my car, couldn't be happier.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Alright thanks guys, I guess first order of buisness will be getting a custom box built, With thother boxes listed they only have 6" of clearance so I would have to settle for the sa-10d2.. I want some big boys so i'll be purchasing the sa-10zv4's and the saz3500dv.2 for the two 10's. Wired to 1 ohm.

Is there any arguments agains the two sa-10zv4's paired with the saz3500dv.2?

Archived