how much current will 2/0 ofc handle?

Im seeing a 50ft roll of 2/0 ofc for about 50 dollars more for the same amount of 1/0 ofc. (Sky high cable) im planning on doing a 320a alternator and two xs power d3100s jn the trunk..I was wondering would this 2/0 cable be able to safely handle that 320a of current with only 1 run ? Or should I go with 2 runs of 1/0 ? If I could use just 1 run it would end up saving me space ..even though id have to get a bunch of reducers or buy some 1/0 to do the runs from the rear batterys to the amps.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

1/0 has a 350 current limit so 2/0 should be safe to run. you could always email Sky High Car Audio for the specs. on here or there website .

http://www.the12volt.com/wiring/recwirsz.asp

this link is always useful

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.

Technically 4 gauge could handle that much current over a short run. The longer the run, the hotter it would get. Wire doesn't typically have a straight "current capacity"

long story short, a single 1/0 would probably work, but if you're looking for the best performance the more the merrier. It depends on how much voltage drop you're willing to live with. A 2/0 OFC run would work better but still not so much overkill. but with wire, overkill is not enough.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 runs of 2/0 for my car, and 1 run of 1/0, 2 of the 2/0 are + and one 2/0 and one 1/0 is a ground to the back, each should do 400-500 amps safely, I have mine fused at 400 amps

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Archived