Second Skin Audio

Need help with tuning Port... Please!!!

Hi guys, below I have designed a box with all external dimensions using 3/4 wood. I want to tune this to around 32 hertz, any one kind enough to help me out with the port dimensions. The height is already 12.5" but I need to determine the width and the length of the two pieces in red in order to get the right port length.

Height-14"

width-35"

Depth-24"

BTW this is for two rockford T1 12"

sub.png

Use a port width of 4.5 and a port length of 26 inches (physical length 20.75).. As Joe X has mentioned keep port width constant through out the port. So in your case subtract your front and back wall (1.5inches) and also port width 4.5inches from your box depth (45inches). That gives you 18 inches for the 1st length, leaving you with 2.75. So for the second length you subtract the 0.75, meaning the back board will be 2 inches.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Use a port width of 4.5 and a port length of 26 inches (physical length 20.75).. As Joe X has mentioned keep port width constant through out the port. So in your case subtract your front and back wall (1.5inches) and also port width 4.5inches from your box depth (45inches). That gives you 18 inches for the 1st length, leaving you with 2.75. So for the second length you subtract the 0.75, meaning the back board will be 2 inches.

Thanks for the help, heres an update with what you described, lete m know if thats correct and or anything else that may help

sub2.png

Yah that's perfect. Looks good. You head on to building your enclosure and let's see the output :) . Those are great subs you gat

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

• 5 weeks later...

Hey, I had to make some external adjustments as this would not fit in trunk so box is 1/2 inch lower 1 inch wider and 1 inch deeper to make up the difference so now the external dimensions are below, can anyone help with the port design for to get 32 Hz

H=13.5

W=36

D=25

Keep in mind I would like to use a 45 degree in the port corner and the port height would be 12 inches.

Thanks again, I just modified the design with your info. does this look correct in the sense I would not need the second port piece in yellow in my old diagram. Also I want to use 45 angle in the port corner, how would this affect tuning and what width I should make the 45.

port5inches.png

Yes you should be fine. On the 45s make it in such a way that the distance between the middle of the 45 and the opposite corner of the port doesn't get less than 5 inches in yo case. Just make sure the 5 is uniform through out

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

Archived