Sonic Electronix

How much of a sound difference is there by using components with cheapers speakers? if a person were to use some using components with cheapers speakers? how much of a difference would it be to use the Hertz DCX165.3 2-way speakers vs using the component version? The component version is $50 more expensive and i would have to cut holes for the tweeters, would it be worth it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

-4 Rockford Fosgate R1683

-2 Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12 wired to 2ohms

-1 Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1

-I know it's very basic...

A whole lot better.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Components are always better then coaxials sound cleaner at least to my ears

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Noticed much better imaging on the tweeters, typically better power handling, crossovers (if included) help keep complex music with simultaneous varied frequencies from sounding muddy.

All around better.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Noticed much better imaging on the tweeters, typically better power handling, crossovers (if included) help keep complex music with simultaneous varied frequencies from sounding muddy.

All around better.

Okay I understand that components are better, but is it worth the $50 on the components plus the extra work to install it and to cut the holes for the tweeters, all only running if a head unit at the moment?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

-4 Rockford Fosgate R1683

-2 Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12 wired to 2ohms

-1 Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1

-I know it's very basic...

It simple....it is worth the extra $50 & work even off the HU. You can always add an amp later. Or buy the coax and be done with it!

It's the difference between getting a rushed awkward hand job from your cousin at a family reunion and getting buck wild and balls deep with a super model at a coke orgy.

And which one have you had? lol

Components are well worth the money, time and effort to install. Take your time and prep the doors with deadener and such and your sound system will be on a whole different level compared to what you have experienced before. The only coax the i have ever heard that compared to a comp set were the hybrid audio imagines, and i think they were designed to work that way.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived