Equivalent Compliance -Vas: 159 liters

One-Way, Linear Excursion -Xmax: 22 mm

Efficiency -SPL 1W/1m: 92.7 dB SPL

Effective Piston Area -Sd: 1210 cm^2

DC Resistance -Re: 1.9 ohm

Nominal Impedance -Znom: Dual 2/4 ohm

Thermal Power Handling -Pe: 1000 W

Force Factor -Bl: 21

Subwoofer is probably one of the loudest 1k RMS subs i have had the pleasure of playing with, while it keeps up with pretty much anything thrown at it. I had it in a 6.5 cubic foot enclosure with 90 sq in of port and a 32hz tuning frequency. It smashed the lows to say the least. And had alot of Volume off the US Amps XT4000d that i was powering it with. I really wish i'd have been able to mess with it with a little better quality amp as the XT line at times is pretty dissapointing as when ive heard other amps on the same setup i get more sound then i did out of this amp. The higher end (50-70hz) seemed to roll off alot and sometimes it miss notes, which i think was because of the amp rather then the sub.

Pro:

Relatively affordable (see cons for more clarification)

Doesn't take a lot of power to get big sound.

Great looking sub

Great sub for ground pounding

Con:

Cost (with all the other sub companys springing out the woodwork RE charges a premium compared to these other companies)

No Sealed Boxes

Comparisons with other 1000rms subs i would put it form first to last preference

Loudness

RE SX, Mag, Fi Q, TC 3000,

Easily louder in same environment off the recommended 1000rms (15" version)

SQ:

Mag, Fi Q, TC 3000, Re SX

Cost to Performance Ratio - 7 out of 10

As stated before its real hard for this sub to be competitive in the market with so many other companies with subs out now, but imo this one outperforms some of those cheaper subs to that the premium you pay is pretty justified.

Performance - 8 out of 10

Great sub, I listen to alot of LOW hz music so i loved this sub and would probably go as far as saying it is currently one of my favorites of all the subs that i have ever owned, and i have owned a crap load.

Customer Service - 7 out of 10

Since i have a RE dealer (Audio Innovations) a block from my home, CS is probably better for me than many people out there, i have had nothing but great experiences with my RE dealer, but some other people havent had as great luck as me to have a dealer that stands behind their product.

Repeat buy - 8 out of 10

I would without a doubt but SX series subs again, the performance of them for the power they need is awesome to say the least, and i'm very partial to the look of the 10, 12 and 15 full dust cap look, not so much the 18"s look.

Overall Score 7.5 out of 10

It kinda pains me to rate it a 7.5 out of 10 because i like this sub so much, but to be totally unbiased and review something i feel i need to point out everything i observed. Without being able to hear it on a better amp i had issues with it missing notes from time to time, if i get a chance to hear another on a better amp i'll come back and revise this.

Archived