Buying New Processor

either way he'll be fine.

i plan on building a computer this summer and i am going with the q6600 and im gonna clock it to at least 3.0

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I hear ya. I finally bought the processor I hope it comes in during the week that way I get to build my rig during the weekend. I had to take a chance and I bought it off eBay. Only place that had the processor that I wanted.

RF_power_product.gif

eBay? i hope all goes well. im usually iffy about buyiing computer parts off of eBay, but i don't wanna discourage you.

Yep I was iffy about it too. I was like f*ck it---I really wanted to get either the E8400 or E8500 and eBay was the only place that had it. I know eBay is a big gamble didn't want to buy it from there but no one had it in stock.

RF_power_product.gif

currently... if you are going for dual core, get an intel e8400.. make sure your mobo supports it though

if your going for a quad core.. then get the q6600

don't get the phenoms... they don't overclock good and are even slower on stock speed

dude, i read that skulltrail article a couple weeks ago. FUCKIN CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: i read it on some overclocking site that does reviews on hardware. i forgot what it was called though

Edited by Slinky

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

quad core is not really necessary right now, barely any programs/games even support and utilize all 4 cores. save yourself some money and get the dual. it will run everything you have smooth, and you wont have to dump your whole paycheck on one chip.

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean