Robertvon's 2000 BMW 323i Build .... REBORN!

Ok I have been wanting to start this build Log for a LONG time ...with this beautiful Memorial weekend in the Chi town area I figured I would chill out on the back porch :drink40: and get this log started.

First Off with this being Memorial weekend I would like to pay my respect and say thanks to my Brother Devil Dog's OHH RAH! and of course all the other service men and women that have given their lives and fredom to give us ours!

I want to warn everyone this will not be a over night build , The car is my current everyday driver but I have bought a beater I will start deiving in 2 weeks to take it's place so I can build this car the way I want it to be!

20130512_165411_zpsxja4onp7.jpg

This build will not only include the needed audio items I can get in my budget but The Car is a 240,000 mile car still running strong! So other than a trunk STUFFED with audio she will be getting a transplant of this item below

IMG_49124285584782_zpsswtem2ra.jpeg

YES SIR ...a LS1 and it will have it's upgrades also by the time it gets lowered between the rails goal is a natural 450hp

So enough of that let's get to what we are here for my Audio build .... I thought a visual diagram would work the best here is what I have in store for the trunk of my little E46 sedan ...I have evrything except what is in red and I should have the remaing item in the next month

This is my first power point so bare with me !

BMWE46systemlayout2_zps6dc9244d.jpg

If this get's moved.....Mods I greatly appreciate it , if it get's deleted.....well that's what get for clicking on the wrong area to post ... but I would like to still continue you to share my build either way

Well first off I found a MINT 18" SMD to stuff in the trunk , when I received it from the seller it was perfect and I had it setting in my own personal sanctuary the garage!

I went to replace the gasket and found a craked basket ...first reaction WTF!!! Of course nobody knows what happened ..LOL

20140322_105507_zpsekokxxsw.jpg

Thats super sucky dude! :'C ive been there before. getting excited to do a build and a key component decides to break...

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

Tuned in.

Glad to see you kick this build off! :good:

Whoa..........an LS1 in a Bimmer. That should be interesting to see that get shoehorned in there. :o

Taramps 8k and an SMD sub.....WOOT.....love it

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Thats super sucky dude! :'C ive been there before. getting excited to do a build and a key component decides to break...

Yeah it Sucks my heart droped when I seen this :cray: this was supposed to be a drop in sub ....I have tried to contact FI on getting a recone for this 18" and NO REPLY ..... they replied to me needing to get 15" recones but I sold those motors to get this drop in sub and I've tried 3 time with no response :unknw: so it has led me to salvaging the voice coil and building a custom :D

Tuned in.

Glad to see you kick this build off! :good:

Whoa..........an LS1 in a Bimmer. That should be interesting to see that get shoehorned in there. :o

Taramps 8k and an SMD sub.....WOOT.....love it

Thanks Bro!.....I hope it's half as a much of a creation as your build bro you have definitly upped the Bar and have made your Skillz Known !

Since the basket was broken , I disassembled the Sub to replace it and was un-able to save the cone and spiders but I did salvage the coil , I would of rather bought a basket and a drop in re-cone but after numerous failed attempts to get a re-sponse from the only place who can provide these , I have decided to move on and build a custom :D

I had an extra Blue 18" TI basket laying so first thing was to modify it to fit since the SMD basket as you can see in the pics has a different bolt pattern and the larger opening

20140519_202258_zpszyx0maa1.jpg

I drilled the holes for the exact location need to match the OE basket mounting

20140519_203200_zpsef9v6ma5.jpg

So next was opening the pole area hole , I know this problaby looks crazy but the end result turned out good

20140524_173242_zpsxmpl9oed.jpg

Pic of my SMD v1 motor

20140525_163616_zpslbvgnw2d.jpg

As you can see the center bore turned not too bad

20140526_091921_zpsatiwtrdo.jpg

Basket mounted ! I kind of like the looks of the Blue basket :D

20140525_164334_zpsrkudclgh.jpg

Just wait till you see the Cone I have for this beast B)

Archived