Sundown Audio

My test: Taramps HD8000

TaylorFade

How long did you have to run it at 1ohm before poppage? I imagine these are fine to burp at low impedance like that. Just not bang a whole Jeezy album.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Thanks again! interesting amp

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I think interesting is the key word. Im not sure how I feel about them and its alot of money to blow if they pop. Honestly they scare me

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I think interesting is the key word. Im not sure how I feel about them and its alot of money to blow if they pop. Honestly they scare me

Yup.

Never cared for them. Its just my blah blah. I wont run them. But, people have had some success.

I think its cool as fuck TFade shows it all. Good, bad, ugly. Dude tests, and puts up results of said test. No fucks given. I like/respect that.

But, ill stay with the korean. Just me....

How long did you have to run it at 1ohm before poppage? I imagine these are fine to burp at low impedance like that. Just not bang a whole Jeezy album.

I bet if that 1 ohm was a reactive load (on subs), it wouldn't have been a problem. But 1 ohm resistive into and past the 11v range is brutal. It was a solid 15 seconds or so before she gave up the ghost. And that was manipulating the knob to run it up into a hard clip and back down, and up and down and up and hold and... poof. Damnit. Lol.

I know my post seems kind of negative about this amp, but to be perfectly honest... it was my fault the thing blew. It's not designed for shit like that so it wasn't much of a surprise that it smoked.

All of my future testing will be on subs so there is more data to come.

But it's definitely worth repeating that 2.5 ohms result. Because that is a very common reactive when wired to 1 ohm nominal. Almost 5k rising to 2.5 ohms with 90% efficiency? That's some gangster shit. Figure up how much it would cost in Koreans to achieve that power and efficiency.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived