I have a alternator question...

When it comes to something like an alt don't cheap out because trust me you will end up spending more and having more headaches to deal with in the long run

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Your local junkyard has the cheapest alternators.

Every other high output alternator company will not have cheap ones. Average is probably about $500, so start with that.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

I'm kinda just looking for the cheapest possible thing in June and then upgrading to singer in October.

Why?

It's a big waste of money, save the money for the cheapest alternator and save 1-2 more months before buying a Singer alternator or Mechman or DC power.

If you can't afford a 300a alternator you'd better buy a 250 from the better company.

So don't buy a 400A ebay alternator, but buy a 250 Mechman instead, if the alternator stops working you can be in a lot of trouble.

EDIT: and if you want to really get the most out of your money, save a bit longer and buy a alternator that is more powerful then you need for future upgrades.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

DC XLs on CT Sounds 4000w or a DC 5k.

Trying to figure if CT Sounds will be cheaper or the same as DC for my amp.

I kinda need upgraded stuff to run the subs and I really don't want to have to wait until October to play them, kinda why I am trying to be a cheap ass on the alt because I don't think batteries will be enough to last me until October.

you're fucking yourself over if you buy a cheap alt, don't do it. In the best case scenario, it lasts until you save up for a good alt, but that means you ended up spending money on 2 alts. That isn't saving you money. Worst case scenario you burn your car down along with everything in it. Seemingly likely scenario is the alt fails and you are stranded somewhere and end up with a towing bill that sets you back even more on buying a quality alt.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I kinda need upgraded stuff to run the subs and I really don't want to have to wait until October to play them, kinda why I am trying to be a cheap ass on the alt because I don't think batteries will be enough to last me until October.

Think about it this way saving up and waiting to buy the better alt is like protecting your multi thousand dollar investment. If you buy a cheap alt and it fails it could potentially take the rest of your gear with it, if that happens how much are you really saving then? It really makes no sense to me when people spend $1k + on a amp then want the cheapest wire and alt to run it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Think about it this way saving up and waiting to buy the better alt is like protecting your multi thousand dollar investment. If you buy a cheap alt and it fails it could potentially take the rest of your gear with it, if that happens how much are you really saving then? It really makes no sense to me when people spend $1k + on a amp then want the cheapest wire and alt to run it.

I definitely don't have the cheapest wiring! Already well over $200 in wiring so far and $1000 on the subs. lol.

I don't think I can just run them on the batteries until October so I pretty much will just have a system sitting in my SUV I can't use.

Archived