Thoughts on Tunnel type wall enclosures???

What are your guys thoughts on tunnel type walls? Those who have had them or atleast heard them what do you think the pros/cons are?

I have several designs planned out for my car for years and the foremost design that I want to try is one of these tunnels in a diamond shape more than likely. I have a couple other tricks that Id like to try in my build that I dont think have been done before with these enclosures and should make a pretty big difference.

Im going to post this in the enclosure section aswell to get some more answers there.

Tommy Mckinnie was pretty much the top dog in the world in bassrace for many years using a tunnel type wall so they must be good for something.

As is Gary Killian's except from the pics ive seen he has ports on the far sides of the enclosure making it a nice 6th order. I like that idea but mine will more than likely remain a 4th with a couple different tricks added.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********

1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile

1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)

• 2 weeks later...

im in the process of building a 'rear ported tunnel' at the moment, they are supposed to sound quite nice and have a good bandwith.

my old build was a clam that kinda was a tunnel if that makes sense, while not completely the same theory it sounded great to me. wasn't the best on the meter but it demoed great for what it was

edit this is my unfinished tunnel if that helps

text5_zps144d5faa.jpg

DCSig.jpg

TEAM DC AUSTRALIA

13e4c3e0-74af-42b9-8d07-ebbd2b684e14_zps7d713c4c.jpg

• 7 months later...

Diamond tunnels are only thing I consider a real tunnel the rest are just boxes

This is a tunnel

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis