Haven't done one of these in a long time. But it pushes me to get back in the garage after a long days work.....

This won't be just an audio build.....I'm gonna be taking care of the whole car thanks to some completely dumb luck in the past couple weeks.

Don't really know where to start since a lot has gone on, so I'll take it from shaving the badges and power antenna about a month ago.

2ll1yzs.jpg

r8edtv.jpg

1z550zn.jpg

2q9e51w.jpg

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a craigslist ad for a 95 SE....Difficult to find, leather interior, 5 spoke alloys I really wanted, and tires with still about 90% life on them so I picked it up for just over 300 bucks.

13zva0x.jpg

15y88sw.jpg

2m284yh.jpg

so began the strip. I got a hell of a lot for 300 bucks, and the best part is I can ditch the chassis when I'm done and they'll pay me a couple hundred for it! Basically getting well over 1000 bucks in parts for a fraction of the price.

The same week, another craigslist guy told me he had a prelude....that one was beat. However, He stripped the Tein coilovers off before trying to sell it. So I was able to pick those up for 140 bucks (cost 700 new)

jjs1aq.jpg

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Had a hard time separating the locknuts on the coilovers....soaking them in liquid wrench for a few minutes did the trick.

30hoc4h.jpg

13yjmkg.jpg

I have some plans for the doors....I want to do some speakers in place of the air vents aiming them much closer to the driver and passenger. I just don't know how they will sound imaging-wise but we'll see. Plus they have some shit carpet covering the bottom part which I'm going to replace with black vinyl.

npi91j.jpg

Timing belt kit came in the mail....I heard good things about Aisin water pumps.

2z6cq5c.jpg

Also got in the garage again and cut off about 2 feet of the rocker. Mine is rotting out and while I have this parts car, I'm utilizing everything.

n5nd3t.jpg

Did some organizing to get things off the floor and make some room. But here's how she sits right now. Wheels are on, They need some restoring but are in pretty damn good shape considering the age of the car.

5cahd2.jpg

Hoping to get the timing belt installed this week (just don't have enough experience to do it myself; plus I have a serious history of learning from my mistakes and I'd rather not make one with this). Coilovers I'll do next weekend.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

As always, there will be fiberglass. For now, I'll be doing a Mugen replica bumper (with some tweaks of my own), as well as bonding a rear lip to the rear bumper. Possibly doing something to those doors as mentioned....but I still have to screw around with the sound to see if I like it.

and a small preview of what's in store....

2vif1xt.jpg

You're the guy who made the c pillar-ish thing a few yrs ago, right?

Anyhow.. Ive seen what you're capable of.. Im following this..

Edit: Wait, you're in NE? :good:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

yep that was me....thanks man. I'm up in New Hampshire

Nice man! I'm tuned in. It'll be nice to give the prelude a makeover. I'll be tuned in for sure. Let me know if u need a hand with anything.

If this isn't an audio build, whatchu doin with all that wire?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Tuned in

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Nice man! I'm tuned in. It'll be nice to give the prelude a makeover. I'll be tuned in for sure. Let me know if u need a hand with anything.

If this isn't an audio build, whatchu doin with all that wire?

thanks man....I'll be using the Clif, but it's a little further down the list. Really hoping to get this parts car outta here this week so I can start putting in some of the interior on mine. Just gotta strip the rear calipers off; I think mine are dragging.

Was lazy as fuck today. All I did was make some CUSTOM brake line clamps...

fswih.jpg

and I got my new oil pan and rear lower shock bushings....I had a bad experience with lower shock bushings on my accord so I figured better be safe.

2ivig5u.jpg

Tuned in for this, I need inspiration. The rear calipers suck big time I just put another set on the rear.

Ray

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Kenwood DDX9702S Connected with iDatalink Maestro

Cactus Sounds PF K5 w/ 1 Sundown Audio Zv.4 "10

Cactus Sounds PF 250.4 w/ SSA Evil 6.5" Midranges & Evil 1's Tweeters

Northstar  D3100 in the rear

VbjgkeI_zps47f1e082.jpg

Archived