Sundown Audio

unsatisfied with sundown purchase and support

Just out of curiosity how can you be so sure it was bent before they got it? How do you know it wasn't bent upon return shipping? And if it was bent when it got to Sundown maybe it happened due to your faulty packaging. Just some thoughts.

This is a new amp not his amp, but it sounds like sundown did a good job on the CS side of things. You are not the only customer, they cant always get to your item as soon as they get it. I mean, you got your amp back within a week of them receiving it. Thats pretty damn fast. As far as the tab, i agree it could have happened anywhere and the amps come to sundown prepackaged as far as i know. I would hook it up and if it works bend the tab back. Just put a rag or a small piece of wood on it and tap it back with a hammer.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Takes 2 days to ship from where I am. Im not really bothered by how long it took as I had my 2 saz-1500d and still do. I didnt pay for a damaged product and I know im going to have to bend it back. Just need to rant. Trying to get my setup all done and it keeps getting set backs

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC

Honestly I would be pissed that there would be cosmetic damage after the amount of money being spent. But in reality their response to the first warrantied product and their quick shipping should make up for it. If the new amp works as expected, I would just bend it back and be done with it. FUNCTION>FORM for me at least

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Dorm room setup:

SQ SDC2.5 12" @ 8 ohms

Klipsch 300 watt home theater sub amp

Marantz 1030 amplifier

Future car build:

Audio Technix 1200.1d

Fi SSD 12 w/ cooling and flatwind coil

6th order dual reflex enclosure

Ill hook it up first before bending it. Ill buy a hammer or use a friends I only have a 3lb hammer for working on my car. I could use a normal size hammer anyways.

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC

Maybe use pliers and some cloth

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I removed your picture. not to protect sundown but to protect you. You know name and address and all that on the internet is not a good thing .

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

For the love of god, dont use a hammer to bend it. Take a cresent wrench tighten it down on the flap and use that. it will work way easier and not stress the solder joints with the all the banging.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Good idea on the crestant wrench. Everything I have done to my car has been going wrong and just been so irritated. I changed out my upper control arm on both sides and the first side I did the bolt on the ball joint on the new UCA snapped completely off before recommended torque. So my car sat on stands for 5 days before I got a replacement from rockauto. My friends autoshop who I took to get my mechman 320amp alt put in decided not to hook up the 2nd run of 0g I had for grounding battery to the alt (05 dodge magnum). They also didnt hook up the 2nd + run to the battery but had it hooked up to the alt. Had major issues with voltage on way home (20mile drive). Ended up finding out this when I got home and fixed in the ran as I hard to work that night.

The torque wrench I bought new to do the LCA snapped where the sockets goes on to the wrench. I changed out my whole front end and found out the tention struts they also sent me two right sides. This all was the week before getting the amp except the ball joint snap was the day I got the amp. So yea im just tired of buying/paying for stuff that ends up breaking or not working. Its all in a short period of time as im trying to get my car done before its nice out. I have had 9 days off since September (my choice) trying to do what I want to my car. Paying a $1000 and get something bent/damage is just fuel on the fire already with purchases for my car. So I was mad. Upset whatever and needed to rant.

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC

Sound pretty immature to me. Not necessarily Sundown's fault, could have happened during shipping to you. Bend it back or send it back, either could have been done in the time it took you to write that post.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography