Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

One of my friends recently acquired an AMM-1 and we've been having fun and testing amps. We both had been dying to know why the T2500 hadn't really been put to the test, and luckily i had one!

He also had a Soundstream 2500D that we put to the test.

This is NOT a versus thread. Buy what you like, I'm just going to give the numbers each amp did.

They were tested in my car on 2x Sundown x-12's wired to 1 ohm. The frequency that gave us the lowest impedance was 28 hz, and box rise at 28 hz brought final impedance to 1.5 ohms.

Rockford T2500 @ 1.5 ohms

When the rolled was rolled on, the Rockford put out 3100 watts.

In a burp scenario the Rockford put out 3300 watts.

Soundstream 2500D @ 1.5 ohms

On a roll on the Soundstream put out approx. 1550 watts.

In a burp scenario the Soundstream put out 1700 watts.

We were going to test a Rockford t3000...but long story short we fried it. Luckily he is an amp repair guy and he got it running again...So hopefully soon we can put it to the test. Both he and i think the T3000 will outperform the t2500, but out other two friends thing the t2500 will win out.

who knows!

Also, I put a Rockford 601S in someones jeep bridged @ 4 ohms. The least impedance we could find was 6 ohms and the 601S put out 430 watts and 6 ohms.

I'll keep updating as we test more amps if this is something you guys are in to. :]

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waits for those who run soubdstream to come in and ask a shit ton of questions then tell you thst youre wrong because.they make good power

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

One of my friends recently acquired an AMM-1 and we've been having fun and testing amps. We both had been dying to know why the T2500 hadn't really been put to the test, and luckily i had one!

He also had a Soundstream 2500D that we put to the test.

This is NOT a versus thread. Buy what you like, I'm just going to give the numbers each amp did.

They were tested in my car on 2x Sundown x-12's wired to 1 ohm. The frequency that gave us the lowest impedance was 28 hz, and box rise at 28 hz brought final impedance to 1.5 ohms.

Rockford T2500 @ 1.5 ohms

When the rolled was rolled on, the Rockford put out 3100 watts.

In a burp scenario the Rockford put out 3300 watts.

Soundstream 2500D @ 1.5 ohms

On a roll on the Soundstream put out approx. 1550 watts.

In a burp scenario the Soundstream put out 1700 watts.

We were going to test a Rockford t3000...but long story short we fried it. Luckily he is an amp repair guy and he got it running again...So hopefully soon we can put it to the test. Both he and i think the T3000 will outperform the t2500, but out other two friends thing the t2500 will win out.

who knows!

Also, I put a Rockford 601S in someones jeep bridged @ 4 ohms. The least impedance we could find was 6 ohms and the 601S put out 430 watts and 6 ohms.

I'll keep updating as we test more amps if this is something you guys are in to. :]

Curious to the specsheet that came with that T2500 and how it compared because they get their numbers at like 200 hertz no?

EDIT: was the Rockford a constant power series? lower the ohms and tell me when it protects please.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Waits for those who run soubdstream to come in and ask a shit ton of questions then tell you thst youre wrong because.they make good power

thats old school soundstream, not new school lol

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

lol I would believe that the soundstream does that much power it's really not much louder than my Rockford prime 1200, looking to get a better amp soon to replace it

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

I have no favor as to good or bad on the soundstream. But i do know two people who run the soundstream taratula 3000.1d and swear by them. I would be curious to know just exactly what they will do.

truthsayer

Never been a fan of soundstream and now I feel justified

Like i said, not for or against soundstream. And we all know the rockford is a great amp. However i will also say, you could get 5 or 6 of those soundstreams for the price of one of the rockfords tested. So i guess budget will play the most part in one's decision.

To sum it up, i love when we get to see amp test results.

truthsayer

Was it a bdCP?

Because if it was that is why it did more power. Or at least partially lol

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class