Second Skin Audio

Subs up, Port back really the best for suv's?

kowboy

out of subs up/port up and aubs back/port back, which is louder??? i'm going for maxximum decibels

Now thats the million dollar question  ;) Lots more to it then one type of box.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I'd bet that subs back/port back hits harder in most applications than subs up/port up.  Seriously, it sounded like pure shit in my truck facing up, and I've tried it a handful of times over the years in my other vehicles ranging from hatchbacks to sedans to suv's/vans, and it always sounded louder (to the ear) facing straight back loading off the rear.  -my very humble two cents.

what are the advantages and disadvantages of subs and port back or subs and port up??

When you run the subs and port up, you will use up less space for the box cause it won't need the air space needed for the port to the rear doors. I think it's a little harder to tune because of the space from the top of the box to the roof will create a stale spot for the air and sound to move forward.

With a rear firing box you can use the rear doors to better resonate the sound to the front.

Last line of his quote...It will almost always sound better that way...as long as you have the room to do it that way.

Yep  :^  26 boxes last year. Where do you wanna start?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Long story short, A crx style box is typicaly louder.

When I ran 6 12's a CRX style box worked best.

When I ran with 2 15's a port back subs back worked best.

However, all the boxes I did were about a db or 2 from each other.

theres a lot more factors that go into it then just one kind of box. The type of suv will play a big factor into the whole thing.

i got subs up port back. the thing is my ports are real close to my back doors in my suv do you think im losing bass :-[

Subs- 2AA Arsenal 15sAmps- Orion2500d/MemphisDoors- Infinity kapa/AA polymids(soon)Deck- Pioneer PrimerBox- 3.5 per chamber!!!!!!!!/28hzElectrical- two optima red tops/160alt(big 3 soon)OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I f

i got subs up port back. the thing is my ports are real close to my back doors in my suv do you think im losing bass :-[

I found that about 4-6" away works best

Archived