Mixing Coaxials with Comps?

TS2GFrank

I have 03 Blazer I'm about to start a build on in a couple weeks. It has 6.5s in all four doors and 4x6's in dash (IIRC). I plan on cutting the power to the dash speakers but just leaving them factory. I have decided to go with the Crescendo CZ series for components in the front. Because my budget is a little tight at the moment i can't afford to put a comp set in the rear also so I was wondering can coaxials in the rear will keep up with the comps but not sing over them? I was considering the Crescendo PWX Pro mids but I'm pretty sure those would be a lot louder than the comps. Or should I cut the power to the rear spkrs also and just have comps in the front?

Also my mids and highs are being powered by a Clarion XH5410 and my sub stage is 2 Zv3 15s powered by CT1400.1 if any of this helps...

Thanks in advance

well you could just get the pwx's and just turn the gain down a bit on them or just fade to the front more until you get the desired sound you want. That is what i would do because i like my rear fill. I dont think the pwx's are coaxial though because they dont have a tweeter on them, but it should would just fine for rear fill.

well you could just get the pwx's and just turn the gain down a bit on them or just fade to the front more until you get the desired sound you want. That is what i would do because i like my rear fill. I dont think the pwx's are coaxial though because they dont have a tweeter on them, but it should would just fine for rear fill.

yea the PWX is a pro, thats why I was thinking it would be louder than the front comp. Thanks

WTF is rear fill? When you go to a concert, the music is on a stage in front of you. Thats what you want to reproduce. Now if you regularly carry passengers, rear speakers may benefit them. In that case, I'd look for a coax set that matches up well with the amp you have. You don't necessarily have to match brands. What does your amp put out at 4ohms per channel?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Maybe they have a head Unit that they watch movies on and they want surround sound, lol!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

No, my opinion is that you don't need rear fill at all, unless you have backseat passengers all the time and want to be nice.

If you do feel the need to put speakers back there, use a coax, not a prodriver.

There is no need to match brands.

So, how much power does our 4 channel put out? I have a few sets of AQ coax that I can let go for pretty cheap.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

No, my opinion is that you don't need rear fill at all, unless you have backseat passengers all the time and want to be nice.

If you do feel the need to put speakers back there, use a coax, not a prodriver.

There is no need to match brands.

So, how much power does our 4 channel put out? I have a few sets of AQ coax that I can let go for pretty cheap.

90w @4ohm. I'm mostly wondering about rear fill because I think its sounded good in my previous build but those had totally different factors. They were different spkrs (Alpine Type R), in the rear deck of my car and I was running a RF 3Sixty.2 then also. My truck only has spkrs at the bottom of the back doors and I probably won't use my 3Sixty in this build either because I havent used it in so long I'm not sure if it still works (equipment was stolen but i got it back) and this laptop doesn't have bluetooth so I have no way to tune it.

Archived