Second Skin Audio

Box Idea

timc31610

Well, you don't really want to just build a box and shove a random sub in it. The box needs to be the correct size and tuning for the driver that's going into it or you will never know exactly what it didn't work... assuming it doesn't.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Naturally, I never meant to insinuate I wouldn't try to build an enclosure without some sort of planning and desired outcome. I'd have to choose one of the subs I have first and then build the enclosure within it's tolerances, but I see that with how I worded my response of being able to potentially pulling of a prototype of such an enclosure came off as blindly tossing together an enclosure and randomly picking a sub. My mistake.

Hopefully the OP is in fact wanting and willing to test out his design, but push comes to shove, I could do a similar build myself, to satisfy my own curiosity if nothing else.

I am definitely going to try it. I have an old first gen 10w6 I will build it for. Anyone want to offer up some help as far as port size and such? I'm thinking about 1 - 1.5 ft3 for the net space. I'll power it with an Alpine MRP-m500 at 3 ohms which should be about 375 watts I'm guessing.

I'm about to build a t-line for three 18s that will have the subs firing into the terminus but that's not exactly the same thing as what the OP has drawn. We'll see how my build turns out, lol.

I'd be interested in seeing the results of both.

After hearing more about the T-Line, since I've only heard mention of them in the past, I was really thinking of trying to do one, but a little more thought and some input from another member has pretty much dismissed the idea. Too large, heavy, complex and costly of a build for what it'd offer over a properly tuned ported enclosure. I can't/won't argue the T-line's superiority, but I don't believe "I" can justify the time, cost, and extra weight in my ride.

He's the guy to talk about when it comes to T-lines thought.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I'm about to build a t-line for three 18s that will have the subs firing into the terminus but that's not exactly the same thing as what the OP has drawn. We'll see how my build turns out, lol.

I think it will be close, we may need a TL and a seasoned ear to tell the difference...lol

I think it will be close, we may need a TL and a seasoned ear to tell the difference...lol

Probably so. It's just gonna be three 9518s on an M4 in this truck: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180325-audio-anarchys-08-tundra-sql-build-front-stage-near-completion/?hl=anarchy#entry2669649

Archived