Caps! Need some advice and help

Mouser had em brand new for less than that

Ray (AA98Hoe) has a bank or 2 left for sale. If your interested also.

I was going to nab them myself (i like and trust ray) but, i bought another alt instead. But, by end of this season, i WILL have a cap bank or 3. Gaurentee'd.

I was going to nab them myself (i like and trust ray) but, i bought another alt instead. But, by end of this season, i WILL have a cap bank or 3. Gaurentee'd.

ditch the batts, except for one to run the car.

you will thank me later...

think of all the damn weight you will save losing those 3 or 4 d7500s... thats like 350 lbs . lol

think of all the damn weight you will save losing those 3 or 4 d7500s... thats like 350 lbs . lol

When i have some REALLY strong alt output, i think thats just what ill do. I could sell my bats, even at a loss, and still have 1800$ for caps. ;)

Ill add a third alt, and its on..... :)

When i have some REALLY strong alt output, i think thats just what ill do. I could sell my bats, even at a loss, and still have 1800$ for caps. ;)

im running 5krms holding 13s with ease on a stock al.... theoreitcally if you have 10k or so and had 6 banks plus your 2 alts, you should hold that easy...

sell the damn paper weights and just buy caps you wont lose much money if any. how much are d7500s? like at least 350 used i have to imagine.

Awesome Google that and get the price for the 1200. Nice work google

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

jsut be careful not to run too much power off of too little banks.

the caps are rated to do as much as you want but for continuous purposes id stick to 200 amps per bank. that means figure out the continous draw of your amps, account for efficiency, and get that total amperage. then add banks until you surpas that numberb.

you can run more but the caps heat up like anything else if you are drawing too much from them for too long.

most people running these are burping them. when you run them daily there is a shit load of other shit to consider. ive thought of a lot fo it but right now im still in test mode for daily to work out all the kinks.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

im running 5krms holding 13s with ease on a stock al.... theoreitcally if you have 10k or so and had 6 banks plus your 2 alts, you should hold that easy...

sell the damn paper weights and just buy caps you wont lose much money if any. how much are d7500s? like at least 350 used i have to imagine.

Try closer to 600$ each bro.

I got a bit of a deal, for buying 5 batts. But, ya,..... they are not cheap.

I am with Kyle, I will some day have caps. I am in no hurry though, I don't know enough about them and got enough other things on my plate ATM.

Tuned for more cap talk

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived