need help finding amp for subs

im going to purchase a pair of skar vvx-12 d2 subs here shortly and am having trouble with an amp to go with them.

i dont want to spend more than $350. i thought about going for the dual 4 and dropping them down to 1 ohm but that puts stress on an amp that i dont really want to do. and i only have a four gauge power wire ran to the back.

i was looking at getting http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_79515_Soundstream-TA1.2000D.html but have been reading those arent good amps.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks...jon

That's the amp I run ^^^ Could not be happier with this purchase. Lots of power.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

What he said^^^

Maybe consider some of these while you're at it.

http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS300_c_34.html

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

There is not any true 2000 watt amp out there that takes 4ga

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

in my opinion it will be a wate to run 2ohm on an amp, it does not stress if its stable at 1 ohm, the clipping and the low voltage is the one that will stress the amp and not the ohm load, u can run the amp at 4ohm but if you do not have enough electrical to run it the low voltage will still stress the amp, i suggest get the d4 run a 1500w amp do your big three and an extra battery at the back. dont waste your money and run 2 ohm

Ok. So what if I just stop being lazy and run a run of my 0gauge back there. How will that do for an amp choice? I really didn't want to add a second bat. Which is why I was really only thinking about some 600 watt subs at first. 1200 would be great for that price if I can run em though

well vvx is not really a 600w sub, i ran them with 850w each and could take more, look at sky high cable for the 0ga and also use that for your big 3 so a 50ft should be suffcient for that and you can get away with 4ga from back batt to amps, u dont have to buy expensive batt as long as agm and highest AH you could find will work, walmart, sams club sometimes can have some sale on batteries or if you can find a place that refurbished batt