Sundown Audio

My Taramp HD8000 Review

sencheezy

Sencheezy, thanks for the demo at slam man. Your shit freakin hurt my chest on that dubstep song with the driver door open and the passenger door closed. Hope you get the amps figured out.

Thanks slinky!! My pleasure man. I'll have all three amps running at 4 ohms a piece now. Then later down to 2 ohms. I'll keep you posted ok. I plan on traveling to different states for some more shows.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

i personally don't know anything about this brand but i am loving your install. I have a thing for clean wiring :D I love the bus bars / distro blocks - Nice job. Respect bro.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I have looked into these bit just out of curiosity. Haven't heard a ton of good things though. thanks for the review.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Wired below rated impedance is a no-go for these amps. These aren't Korean. Plus, I think more Koreans popped at Slam than these. But that gets swept under the rug and forgotten about.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I think tfade shed some light on them a bit with his last review. It cost him an amp to prove it but he did get more info from the manufacturer than most. Big time language barrier

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Wired below rated impedance is a no-go for these amps. These aren't Korean. Plus, I think more Koreans popped at Slam than these. But that gets swept under the rug and forgotten about.

Proportionally what was it though? Not that I give a damn one way or another but i'm guessing there were many more Korean amps than the Brazilian ones right?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Yeah, I saw Tfade's test. Dropped to 11.0 volts, at a true 1 ohm resistive load. Which is comparable to wiring down to ~.25 in the real world. Was still like 78% efficient though IIRC. Then it popped. Which is absolutely retarded abusive on these amps. They will only do it for burps at the most.

He said he also tested a korean 10k versus the Tara 8k and saw no difference on the meter.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

These amps "tend to go pop", and "up in flames" due to people treating them as if they were Koreans

Wiring them at .5 and shit to account for their rise.

Reason why Taramps makes 1 ohm and 2 ohm versions of their amps, some models even have a 4 ohm version to tailor the amp around your build and rise without having to wire below the lowest rated impedance to make the amp do the power that's printed on the box

I'll take the efficiency and small form factor of these amps any day. As soon as this next paycheck comes in, Im putting in a order for a HD 2500

Proportionally what was it though? Not that I give a damn one way or another but i'm guessing there were many more Korean amps than the Brazilian ones right?

Not sure, I know Thomas popped one. And Jon blew, or protected, 2 of his. And those were the big name guys that I know of, there were some guys here and there that also had amp issues that I saw when perusing facebook around Slam time. But don't remember exactly how many or who they were.

Moral of the story, is that koreans are blowing too. Can't just forget about that.

Edit: There were a lot of Tara guys out there though. It's been blowing up big recently on the audio groups.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

They definitely have their followers......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived