Sundown Audio

My Taramp HD8000 Review

sencheezy

Ok guys, here is MY personal Review of the Taramp HD8000
I personally own Three of them. I purchased two use from DangRebel here, and the third directly from Shizzzon. One of used ones from DangRebel went into protect immediately upon hooking up. And the BNIB from Shizzzon also went into protect while demoing Sunday afternoon while at Slamology.
Here is a few pictures of my installation for Reference.
On the chargers.
IMAG2767_zpsbwypcguh.jpg
ess1402357021218_zpsynblyfcs.jpg
IMG_3779_2_zpsfny3kvx1.jpg
Screenshot_2014-06-17-23-13-121_zps5ec6b
Screenshot_2014-06-17-23-12-581_zps2c39d

So to explain my experience in total. My system consist of One DC Power 240XP, 100ft of 3/0, Ten Batteries. I also should mention I run each amp at 1.5 ohm, the amps are the Two ohm version. Now, the drive down to Indiapolois is about 5 hours long. For the better half of the trip, I would turn the gain up half way, couldn't take much more than that, (pressure wise). So the most my voltage would drop would be .1-.3 Volts. During some testing at the shop, we clamped 3200 watts starting at 2.7 rising to 8.1 pulling a little over 300 amps of current.

The first time demoing there that Friday night, I was able to burn up 2 300 amp fuses while playing full tilt after 2 or 3 songs. Replaced the fuses, back up and running.

Saturday, I beat ALL DAY. Was still having engine issues. So for 87% of my demos were at battery voltage. Since the engine was off, that also means no rear A/C to cool them, still no issues. Yes, they did get warm. On sunday, got warm enough to not hold your hand longer than 30 seconds. But again, it wasn't THAT hot lol.

To describe how the amps are mounted. The rear wall is 3" thick of High Quality MDF. Which an another layer of 3/4" wood mounting plate is attached. Then the steel rack. Then the amps are mounted onto an 3/4" MDF mounting baffle, that is mounted onto the steel amp rack. Shizzzon informed me that there was still too much vibration, and wired too low, which is why the bottom amp failed. I was able to verify that the amps were indeed moving, but from what I could see, it was only becuase the truck itself was moving. Not much else I can do about that.

So in sum, these amps, in my opinion, are the better choice for us in every aspect, EXCEPT durability. If you think of where these amps come from and their origin, it makes sense for what I see is their biggest flaw. These amps are MUCH more sensitive than Koreans. The output section especially. We had I believe 3 other Team IAK members whom amps failed as well. One was becuase the wrong gauge was used for the speaker cable. One was for no reason, there's mine, and one other.

So, for advice for other users. It is ok to run these amps, they do power, cheap, small, and stupid efficient. To run these long term usage, have these key items.

2-3 Group 31s PER HD8000. Use the appropriate size for the output section. 8 gauge min. Ensure there is NO to VERY min. vibration. And wire to the proper ohm load. I wouldn't even risk burping lower than rated. Do not count on box rise.

Please note, that the ENTIRE weekend I beat the living piss out of my system lol. Most people, demo for 20-30 seconds at most per demo. I would play full songs full tilt, had no issues. I played my system for at least 4-10 hours in total over the weekend. The amps gave me no issues until Sunday afternoon. Which was a much hotter day, maybe 5-10 degrees more. There was no smoke, just protect light. Yes there was troublshooting performed. Turn system off, let cool down, unplug everything, let cool down, remove RCA/Speaker cables, etc.

Moving forward, I will Continue to run these amps. At four ohms each for now, then at World finals run at 2 ohms.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

With both amps, best scores as of now is 160.1 kick driver door open, 159.1 dash, driver door open.

IMG_38834149695934_zps2vfchvkv.jpeg

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

alot of those 8k's have popped.. too sensitive for my liking.. they do put out some power tho

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

i still dont see the point in running an amp you have to constantly worry about and make sure everything is 100% percent in its favor. i dont care how cheap it is. after 1 or 2 fixes you might as well buy a korean.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

I just cannot bring myself to fuck with brazilian amps. They scare the piss out of me

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yeah no worries guys. I know their's not much info out there for an daily installation for this particular brand. So wanted to give them a shot. Again, besides it being sensitive, it is a beast of an amp. If you can provide said suggestion, I would recommend them any day over Koreans. Nothing silly happened to my system. No battery damage, no Alternator damage, no damage to subs. Subs didn't get warm or anything of that nature. Like I said, I demo'd for hours and hours and hours over the course of the show beating the snot out of my truck with no issues. 159s full tilt, on JUST battery power in 80+ weather with no clouds in the sky. Many people can vouch for this experience as well.

The biggest thing, again, is to have battery, 2-3 each 8k. Proper gauge for the output. and secure mounting. That's it. Oh, and don't wire below ohm rating, EVER lmao.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

i still dont see the point in running an amp you have to constantly worry about and make sure everything is 100% percent in its favor. i dont care how cheap it is. after 1 or 2 fixes you might as well buy a korean.

Implying that the Korean 8K's are rock solid reliable?

IMO nobody is really building this size amp really solid and they're all time bombs.

Archived