my 4 ft towers basement build

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the soundqubed subs will be replaced by ct sounds tropo 12s because they match up with the power i can give them and have a fs of 30 hz so should match up better for what their being used for. also call me a dumb ass but im running 2 ohms off the right and left channel of a surround receiver. ive run it like that for years and im not planing on stoping it now

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

if you guys were curious heres the port. i made some of it external because i didnt feel like buying pvc elbows to make it turn inside.

20140701_110956_zpshl9i5cvb.jpg

and heres a shitty quality video but it gets the point across and my mic is distorting it. it sounds really clear and loud

http://youtu.be/hU8e9DTj5KI

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

Going with a straight port slightly outside is better than an internal bend.

And I'm sure it sounds better than what you could buy for what you put into it.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Going with a straight port slightly outside is better than an internal bend.

And I'm sure it sounds better than what you could buy for what you put into it.

thats what i was thinking

• 2 weeks later...

so i finally had some time to paint them today i only got 2 coats on now but planing to do at least 2 more tomorrow then a clear coat for protection. next week im going to begin on the grills. going with magnets and dark red cloth.

edit: i also added 1.5" dowels to brace it.

20140710_233252_zpsvw9zxwrb.jpg

20140710_233930_zps1uxdnpmc.jpg20140710_233548_zpsiedezwu7.jpg

been to busy but the fabric and magnets came for my grills, so i started cuting and gluing. here is a peak of where im at so far.

it needs another coat of paint but i think im going to put a layer of maring grade clear epoxy over what i have so far first to strengthen it and not allow any dents or scuffs in them. then another coat of black over that if it discolors the black.

cf3fa2b7-2fb5-4cd8-b26b-bbf5f49b14a1_zps

structure of the grills

db0ba279-8412-42ff-b3cb-cf71cea73921_zps

the fabric is not glued on yet but you get the idea

20140715_090348_zpsym5vsf3q.jpg

oh and i also broke some rcas so i ordered these huge ass ofc rca cables. theyre a bit bigger than knukonceptz 12ga

151f5f54-3d5e-4288-b812-1eff68ee6c7c_zps

Did you get acoustically transparent fabric?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Those grills look AWESOME, and they're not even wrapped yet. I'd love to do exactly that for the mids in my car.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Did you get acoustically transparent fabric?

of course. but well see how acoustically transparent it really is.

Archived