Sundown Audio

Im having a problem with out put running at 1ohm. Never had this type problem before. I got 2 e10 blown by po i reconed them installed in a custom fitted box that's 1.1 at 35hz after displacement. The problem is when i hook both together at 1ohm to the amp. its like half the output of just hook up one at 2ohms. Ive checked everything ohm all of it. it doesnt mater watch one is hook up as long as it sees 2 ohm. The amp is a Memphis mcd-1000d its able to go down to 1 ohm. I would be grateful for any help before i buy a new amp.

Edited by Scott Ward

Out of phase would be my guess. What voice coils do you have, D2 or D4. You can only wire down to 1 ohm final at the amp if you have D4 coils. If you have D2s, you can wire at 2 ohms final or .5 ohms final load.

My guess is you have one sub wired in reverse when you swap wiring, causing it to sound weird, quiet, or different. You need to check a site like the12volt.com for the proper way to wire your subs.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

There d4 both are wired the same but ill check again in the morning. I used stinger wire to keep the wires all the same. Both play and push the same. Just very low output like its splitting the power i have all the positives and negatives together its showing 1ohm at the amp

Edited by Scott Ward

I gotcha, sounds like you're wired perfectly from your description. If you checked impedance at the amp and got 1 ohm, that sounds good. Do you have pictures of your box?

And I'm sorry, I sort of read your original post wrong. You had mentioned that it was louder when you wired just one sub up at 2 ohms. That makes total sense, sorry I missed that.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Clean thanks for the help i pulled everything out completely and fond it. Guess being in a hurry and my girl nagging me about her system. I wired one of the terminal backwards. Sorry for the dum question just was on my last nerve. Never pulled the terminal