Second Skin Audio

2013 Toyota Camry Sealed Trunk... 2 12" Ethos Questions???

Hey guys, not sure where to post this, so I decided here. Maybe a moderator will move it to where it needs to go. Anyway, I am about to start my new build with strapped Q2200's and 2 12" DSS Ethos. I want to seal off my trunk, as I'm sick and tired of all the rattles and everything else that goes with rear firing drivers.

Here is my problem, I need to post a picture of my trunk, but the Toyota Camry has a small 6-8" oval cutout behind the backseats, then it opens up the the rest of the trunk. I'm hoping someone out there in SMD land has sealed off a Camry trunk like mine and wouldn't mind giving me some tips. Right now, I'm going to pull my current enclosure out and try to figure out a way to make a flat wall of sorts to somehow bolt the new enclosure on to. I don't know the best way to do this, so if anyone has any suggestions, or can send me a link that would explain how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't mind doing the reading and research, but it has been hell trying to find anything on a sealed off 2012+ Toyota Camry build. I don't know where to start and also don't know the best way to attach my enclosure to flat wall I intend on building.

The other thing that is complicating this is, my port isn't in the center. It's on the driver side of the enclosure. I guess I can shove the box in as far as I can get it and start mounting wood and foam around the enclosure until it sealed off? There has to be a better way. Any help would be great. Thanks...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

most people would probably start cutting the metal firewall in the trunk , or you could make a new sub box with a center port

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

most people would probably start cutting the metal firewall in the trunk , or you could make a new sub box with a center port

Yeah, not cutting... My port length is sooo long that it's going to be tough to center it. Let me see if I can split the difference somehow.

2013 Toyota Camry SE

CT Sounds 4000.1D

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

ToolMaker Everywhere

Can you post some pics?

Can it go thru the trunk or maybe you gotta build inside the trunk

Yeah, I can post some pics, but I think If I frame out the hole with 2x4's, then fiberglass it to look nice, I can bolt the box up perfectly to it. I have a couple pictures on my phone. Let me try to download them and attach them. The oval hole is just large enough to handle the complete length of the box and the height is right at 15", which just so happens to be my port height. Is there any problem with the port being on one side or the other, rather than in the center? If so, i will definitely post some pics of the part I framed today, which wasn't much. TOO DAMN HOT IN HOUSTON RIGHT NOW!!! Effin ridiculous... Hot and Humid

2013 Toyota Camry SE

CT Sounds 4000.1D

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

ToolMaker Everywhere

Them good ol Toyota trunk openings. I sealed off my trunk with my 2 12s firing forward. Hacksaw, grinder, and a dremel. Go through my build log and you can kinda see what i did. Sorry i didn't read everything, so your trying to accomplish having your port sealed firing into the cabin from the trunk? Maybe i dont understand.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Be aware if you building through that 6-8" opening and attaching your box its likely to effect the tuning of your box.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Honestly bro,your output will be greatly degraded with just a 6x8 opening. I have a simular setup. I gained almost 3db cutting that 6x8 into a 15x20. You can get away with port to one side, as long as your cone and port has no possible opening into the trunk. Must be deadened and sealed including the entire rear top deck. Any hole even just 1" big will degrade the output. Sealing off the trunk will mostly need some type of cutting/fabricating. If i were in your shoes,i would just trunk fire the subs unless your ready to get serious with output and soumd quality.

Honestly bro,your output will be greatly degraded with just a 6x8 opening. I have a simular setup. I gained almost 3db cutting that 6x8 into a 15x20. You can get away with port to one side, as long as your cone and port has no possible opening into the trunk. Must be deadened and sealed including the entire rear top deck. Any hole even just 1" big will degrade the output. Sealing off the trunk will mostly need some type of cutting/fabricating. If i were in your shoes,i would just trunk fire the subs unless your ready to get serious with output and soumd quality.

Take it from me j have been through 5 builds in my camry. Either rear fire and deal with rattles or cut that car up and seal off properly

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Archived