Second Skin Audio

4 sundown x-12s enclosure

I'm just seeing this lately,"it's Sundown, beat on it" mentality. I think it's foolish to suggest some things to people on the internet(especially new guys posting for the first time). The smart move is 1200-1500W clean, set with an O-scope or DD1. I just would hate to have a new guy asking what was safe, melting his coil on way more than rated power because he trusted one of us to give him a good answer.

I know there are plenty of installs feeding tons of power to those subs with success, I was going to be one of them. I know how to set it up for clean signal and I was STILL going to worry about the power I had planned to send them. The coil is your weak link. Not the suspension as it keeps everything really linear and in compliance. Drop a Zv4 8 layer aluminum coil in there and it's a completely different animal.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Anyway back to whats important final product drawn up.

Thoughts? http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag463/jdsheeley/A8BEB04F-9862-4EFD-B0AE-048CF7B54728_zps68crb8is.jpg

Had to do a port to the side for volume and positions of the subs.

what is the little line i see coming up in the middle between where you have all the cutouts?

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I'm just seeing this lately,"it's Sundown, beat on it" mentality. I think it's foolish to suggest some things to people on the internet(especially new guys posting for the first time). The smart move is 1200-1500W clean, set with an O-scope or DD1. I just would hate to have a new guy asking what was safe, melting his coil on way more than rated power because he trusted one of us to give him a good answer.

I know there are plenty of installs feeding tons of power to those subs with success, I was going to be one of them. I know how to set it up for clean signal and I was STILL going to about the power I had planned to send them. The coil is your weak link. Not the suspension as it keeps everything really linear and in compliance. Drop a Zv4 8 layer aluminum coil in there and it's a completely different animal.

I agree, Sundown makes excellent drivers, but they're not magic.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Around 2.2k going to mine all day....

Mine didnt last on 2700 clean clamped power (1 sq3500.1@1ohm) all it took was 3 weeks untill the coil unravelled. But that's my fault. 2700 on a 3" copper coil was plain stupid, but like all woofers i own, i had to test the limits. It got smelly in 10 minuits. Even jacob himself stated you shouldnt go past 1.5k with these coils. These woofers are high quality, but you still have a copper coil, which is far from great at dissipating heat.

Archived