Mid placement help & opinions please.....

bcbrassard

Driver side done. Sounds great having both sides done. Still took 4+ hrs to do but worth it. Heres some pics.

Driversidemidbassupgrade002_zpsa5258a04.

Driversidemidbassupgrade003_zpsc54a8157.

Driversidemidbassupgrade004_zps4be6991d.

Driversidemidbassupgrade005_zps1bc36c52.

Driversidemidbassupgrade006_zpsa8ac7d25.

Driversidemidbassupgrade007_zpsbc7464b6.

Took awhile with a dremel to clean it up before sound deadening.

Driversidemidbassupgrade008_zps8e26051f.

Driversidemidbassupgrade010_zpse0b50338.

Driversidemidbassupgrade001_zpsdf1be159.

And finished!

Looks the same.

But it's the MASSIVE difference behind the pannels the makes it !!! Nicely done brother.

Glanced over a few posts. A lot of this depends on the drivers you're using. If you're using a driver suited for IB, then vent the fuck out of the back, but if it's not.... You'll want driver optimized for sealed back. In kicks, you'll almost always want a driver that is designed for a sealed enclosure. No sense in modifying your vehicle, unless it's truly cost effective. Recently, I'm setting up my 328i. My tantric midbass drivers are IB suited drivers but they hate my door setup since it's more of sealed setup than a massively open area.

All I tried to do was give him more room to work with. Sealed (the way he did it should be fine for a daily) Should be a massive improvement for his mid bass drivers. Now he can swap around drivers to see works best for his application.

... And from the way it sounds, we will be seeeing 8" drivers in those kicks soon !!! LOL

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I owe you a great thanks cableguy for helping and encouraging me to to let them breath. Like i said..huge difference in performance. I wont be able to swap drivers out until winter to see how the CDTs sound and if i where able to get used factory kick panels i would redo in 8" drivers. But for now way happy.

And thank you for explaining to others! There can be negative feed back often on peoples build. Now to fiberglass doors!

Anytime my brother.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived