Volvo 740 wagon. The Beat Box. (NEW CAR!)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davis car show was awesome ? 

Had a great time and was SO stoked at the big turnout :nod: Can't wait for next year!

aIrTOSBl.jpg

qtPUL88l.jpg

Meeting up with Mom and Dad in his LT1 powered 265

23mGzhDl.jpg

The rest of the local crew meeting in Manteca

UlDDeYzl.jpg

The 240s scored a primo BBQ spot :nod:

dDECCOIl.jpg

MfLtQGQl.jpg

We don't do it for the glory.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much new with the car right now. A/C took a charge so it looks like I'll have a nice cool summer ? Went out to Euro Sunday with a couple other Volvos

1S4P5yXl.jpg

899P5uSl.jpg

• 2 months later...

Still runnin ? Looking for a wagon so I can go bigger/better in a lot of ways, but having fun in the meantime. Got my Dad to race me in his LT1 swapped wagon. Just been DD'ing it and hitting the local car meets.  Hope y'all are doing well! 

oBnGFxK.gif

WNJNbEnl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

New water pump, E-fan and brake booster. Hoping to be working on a tune with a local in the near future. Stereo still knocks like a nosy neighbor

UmqQ8OSl.jpg

Dead water pump. Making the "car payment" lol. It served the car well through a lot of miles, many with AC :D

CIS97owl.jpg

em2WJOc.gif

BzV4XgRl.jpg

Pulled the Efan out to make some clearance for the water pump pulley

My roommate wired it up with a new relay

knnCvjOl.jpg

The little things really keep me motivated. Installed lighted window switches I scored at the wrecking yard. I think there is a factory way to make the driver's window AUTO function work.. going to look into it ?

rI6VN1al.jpg

Been hot around here, but the A/C is still working pretty well in the old girl. The voltage is a bit low with everything on though. I am starting to look at the electrical and what I can do to supplement or upgrade the alternator. Car has big 3 already, as well as 100 amp alt. Hope y'all are hanging in there!

n7b09Hll.jpg

Oil change this morning.

In order to change over to lighted window switches you can pick up the correct switch (there are driver/passenger versions) or...

Spent the early afternoon deciphering the different types of window switches. 3 different switches shown in various stages of disassembly

QJNrNnKl.jpg

After many blunts and a lot of staring at the switches, I decided you can just solder the switch as I did here. The solder nearest to the bulb is where it needs to be done. The solder to the left was just to reinforce a connection that looked near breaking. Now I have lighted switches in all 4 doors. I'm no electrician so my solder work will improve over time. Auto window down relays coming soon!

wUcr3LLl.jpg?1

Archived