Volvo 740 wagon. The Beat Box. (NEW CAR!)

So this car may be getting retired. The transmission crossmember caught a bump on one of EL Paso's lovely roads and it feels like the linkage is all bent up. Car wont go into reverse or park. I'll get it up in the air this weekend and see if i can save it. If the crossmember is damaged this system will migrate to my other 740 and finally get :morepower1: !!!

Sad to hear a nice and clean volvo is biting the dust :(

Just an excuse for a motor swap though! :)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update! It's alive! The shifter linkage got bent up after my little run in with a bump in the road, but tactful use of a big ass hammer straightened it back out!

OEM wheel goodness.

15323246395_90bc6555e0.jpg
10649575_1504353986476291_317431182381447343_n by captainwhoosh, on Flickr

Sitting with its older brother.

15323246375_16c89396c7.jpg
ass by captainwhoosh, on Flickr

New sticker.

15300211586_34be28cbec.jpg
tunahere by captainwhoosh, on Flickr

I did a distance test video. Ill get it in here once I figure out how to upload it.

Does anyone know how to change my thread title?

We don't do it for the glory.

Use the edit post, and "use Full Editor" button on the first post.

Thanks!

So I'm chasing a voltage issue. Copied and pasted from another forum I frequent:

"I feel like I shouldn't need to upgrade at this power level, but my volatge drop is bad enough to send the amp into protect mode on occasion. I've tried 2 different 100amp alts and had the same results. Gave the battery a fresh charge and still have it happening. I may be missing something in my hunt for the problem, so suggestions are more than welcome.

Car has the 'big three' upgrade, and alternator has new 'brushes' (forgot what they are called". I'm wondering if the stock Volvo battery really is the problem?"

THoughts? I want to try running a second stock alternator, how does the SMD forum feel about it?

Imo man, for all the headache and performance issues you will encounter trying to run a set of duals on this little motor, the effort is better suited to getting a nice H/O alt from a big company. Mike Singer kicked all kinds of ass with mine, unsure of who else will make one for this car though.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I exchanged a few Emails with Mr. Singer and he informaed me that a GM type alternator could be made to work with my setup if I made a few alterations to the bracket. I have bee discussin my issue with anoter bass head on the volvo forums and have a few things to try before I make any alternator changes. Updates this weekend!

I like my power wires well done, thak you.

IMAG0365_zpsmtznxgsu.jpg

IMAG0358_zps3s6ybp2q.jpg

To remedy this, I replaced the fused distro block with a non fused Rockford Fosgate one. I also replaced the CCA power wire with some Fosgate 4 gauge I had from an install I did recently.

Archived