My test: Group 31 battery roundup *round 1*

Thanks for the words, guys. And your insight, Ninja.

There were a couple of anomalies in this testing and a margin of error is difficult to predict in SPL testing like this, but if you consider the bulk of the data and assume a +/- .3dB margin of error on burps and +/- .5 on the music runs... things get put into perspective. It's difficult to eliminate ALL variables in SPL testing. But I try.

Also... a lot of people have asked me why I didn't include a brick of caps in the testing. Well, frankly it's because it would draw attention away from the results- because a brick of caps would skull drag any of these batts on burps. Including the bank used for the control. But for the sake of data, I did an amp roundup a couple years ago and I tested batts vs. caps. Batts were an Odyssey pc2150 (which is easily on par with the very best G31's) + an XS d5100 underhood. Here are those results. This is a traditional clamp NOT on peak/hold. Rise was ~ .9ohms.

AQ2200
- 2,538w @ 11.4v (batts)
- 3,365w @ 13v (caps)

DD M3a
- 3,657w @ 11.2v (batts)
- 4,088w @ 13v (caps)

RD D5
- 3,898w @ 11.1v (batts)
- 5,355w @ 13v (caps)

B2 Audio Zero5
- 4,052 @ 11.3v (batts)
- 5,355w @ 13v (caps)

About 1dB louder across the board. Batts don't want none.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were a couple of anomalies in this testing and a margin of error is difficult to predict in SPL testing like this, but if you consider the bulk of the data and assume a +/- .3dB margin of error on burps and +/- .5 on the music runs... things get put into perspective. It's difficult to eliminate ALL variables in SPL testing. But I try.

Also... a lot of people have asked me why I didn't include a brick of caps in the testing. Well, frankly it's because it would draw attention away from the results- because a brick of caps would skull drag any of these batts on burps. Including the bank used for the control. But for the sake of data, I did an amp roundup a couple years ago and I tested batts vs. caps. Batts were an Odyssey pc2150 (which is easily on par with the very best G31's) + an XS d5100 underhood. Here are those results. This is a traditional clamp NOT on peak/hold. Rise was ~ .9ohms.

AQ2200

- 2,538w @ 11.4v (batts)

- 3,365w @ 13v (caps)

DD M3a

- 3,657w @ 11.2v (batts)

- 4,088w @ 13v (caps)

RD D5

- 3,898w @ 11.1v (batts)

- 5,355w @ 13v (caps)

B2 Audio Zero5

- 4,052 @ 11.3v (batts)

- 5,355w @ 13v (caps)

i said it before and ill say it again. 3.3k out of the aq 2200?! thats plain crazy.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

this guy and his tests i think i need stronger prescription glasses every time i read them cause i can't stop and forget to blink

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

AQ2200

- 2,538w @ 11.4v (batts)

- 3,365w @ 13v (caps)

DD M3a

- 3,657w @ 11.2v (batts)

- 4,088w @ 13v (caps)

RD D5

- 3,898w @ 11.1v (batts)

- 5,355w @ 13v (caps)

B2 Audio Zero5

- 4,052 @ 11.3v (batts)

- 5,355w @ 13v (caps)

And that was 12 total caps right, you call a brick 2 banks of six? Blue or black? I don't want to draw attention from the thread topic, but do want to clarify.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Thanks taylorfade now I know what I need to do,and thanks for the demo a STC am the black guy that walk up to you and shook your hand.

Man that is one loud ass truck you got now I know how 155+ on music feels like.You know I won 1st place in my class 751-1500 stock 152.3.

LOL @ 2,000 watt amps

Those JB's were a nice surprise. A little disappointed in the Nendo but what can you say, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived