XS Power

voltage drop on d3100 and 4000watt rms

Yeah more runs will help. With 2 1500.1bdcp and a 400.4 I'll be close to 300amps on music. RF says the 1500 1 does 100amps on average on music and the 400.4 like 40. Puts me at 240amps plus all the other electronics in the car. 2 runs of pos and if testing shows neg runs will help me I'll do those to.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Ok a few things here to look at and think about.

The least resistance and more surface are you have for your electrical to run through the better your performance will be. A couple more power and ground runs will not hurt you in any way.

Always good to check out your equipment and make sure it is running the way it should be. In this case the batteries and alternator would be the first places to check. From the way it sounds all three are working the way they currently are designed to operate. If you want to get them checked out, then you can always go by an auto parts store (pepboys, autozone, advanced, etc...) and they can test everything for you. The thing to remember when doing this though is that you need your batteries fully charged before they run the tests, and some of the people running the tests at these places know less about how to actually test a battery than my 12 year old daughter does. It is an option though. They can also check your alt for you as well.

I was going to tell you about the tow mode, but looks like you found that out.

From what you have posted I think your batteries are probably ok, but they probably are not getting topped off with a charger. Remember alternators are not designed to fully charge your batteries like a charger will. Especially if you are playing your system running the batteries down most of the time when you are driving. Investing in a few more power and ground runs along with maybe an AGM battery charger will fix part of your problems, but the biggest issue you currently have is the PCM control on the vehicle.

If you upgrade your stock grounds and you see that one of the factory grounds has a sensor around it MAKE SURE you keep that ground exactly the same. If you delete that sensor it can really screw you up.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

320 amp alt did u just gone wire to 12v to turn the alt on?

yes its hooked up to a relay switch that cuts on with the ignition. only down side is the battery light comes on the dash,but I've gotten used to it.

How is the voltage drop the batteries fault?

As soon as you exceed alt power you drop to battery voltage. The fact you're in the 13s and sometimes 11s is because of that big battery. If you do not want to drop voltage you need to up your alternator, simply put. Adding better batteries can help but as soon as you exceed alternator output you're going to drop to 13v again. And that will last as long as the batteries can hold that

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

How is the voltage drop the batteries fault?

As soon as you exceed alt power you drop to battery voltage. The fact you're in the 13s and sometimes 11s is because of that big battery. If you do not want to drop voltage you need to up your alternator, simply put. Adding better batteries can help but as soon as you exceed alternator output you're going to drop to 13v again. And that will last as long as the batteries can hold that

no one blamed the batteries. i do have a big alt. the issue is on all 05+truck the alternator output is pcm controlled. i have no issue with voltage droping in the 13 or even high 12 range its 11 i didnt want to see which i fixed dropping to 11 by using tow mode

Edited by bigirb2002

Want to follow... Want to see how you get around this issue. I strapped another Q2200 (4400RMS, plus another 400 mids/highs) and I'm seeing voltage drop to 12volts now. Ready to see your fix so I can do the same or similar with mine. Good luck! Hope you get this resolved soon... :morepower1:

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

• 3 weeks later...

so my final solution was missinglinkaudio module. i didnt think he suported the round 2 pin alt plugs but he does its just not on the site. send him a email. i installed the module and the alt charges 15 when cold and 14.8 warm. i also got a taramp hd8000 now. i added another d3100 also. now my voltage drops to 13v full tilt which is perfect for taramps

• Like (+1 Rep) 2